Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just received our build date and confirmation on the Halltech Electron Blue Z06. How does one follow the car and delivery once the job # and sequence #s are issued? Anyone know?

Looks like it will be built on Monday, with the normal 3 week wait for Museum delivery we will be driving it back on August 21st.

If all goes as planned, we will have our dyno numbers by August 27th.

Our TRIC and SideWinder will be dynoed next which will be interesting to see the new numbers. We expect 375 to 380 at the rear wheels.

This car should run 11s with no problem.

Halltech will not be making any changes to our intakes, but we have several other mods in the works, for the ultimate Z06.

Our goal is 390 RWHP with no internal engine mods.

Thanks,

Jim Hall
Halltech
http://www.CorvetteC5.com

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Jim, your sig says NCM delivery on 7-23-01. Don't you mean "8"-2x-01?

Please do post your dyno results for your bolt ons, but please also include baseline dyno measurements while your '02 Z06 is bone stock so we can see actual difference before vs. after. This data would be much appreciated.

If you can demonstrate a 24hp/20#s gain at the rear wheels, for your sidewinder, I'd buy it for 2002. Your website ad says this product is for '2001' but your post implies it will be the same. Please clarify.

Also, do you offer a discount to members of the Z06 forum?

P.S. You're website is making me sorry I sold my original 1979 CBX a few years back. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hey Jim, do you have any dyno numbers somewhere of the TRIC and SideWinder on an '01 Z06 side by side? I think we'd all be interested in seeing a dyno chart like that...I know it would make up my mind.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Congrats on your new Blue Z!

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I doubt that any system will make that much difference on the 2002.

Each time GM opens up the intake more than the year before, they squeeze the delta between stock and Halltech.

We do guarantee, however, that NO other intake will surpass our numbers, no matter what they are.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One more thing. The SideWinder makes exactly the same HP on the dyno as our TRIC.

The big difference comes at speed, with the TRIC walking away with 2 MPH in the 1/4 due to Ram Air.

Some folks are afraid of the hydrolock issue, even though we have never had a REAL CLAIM for hydrolock.

There have been many rumors, internet conspiracies (started by our competition), and urban legends about this issue, but the truth is out there.

We have not had even 1 Z06 with even a hiccup, let alone, water damage.

One customer, whos engine died while driving through very deep water, called with concerns about restarting the car. (Good thinking)

We advised him to pull the spark plugs, turn over the engine, and then reinstall the plugs. The engine started right up.

He has since installed a cam and heads, and will be featured in Corvette Fever (page 7) this next issue. I believe the car makes 400 RWHP with our TRIC.

He purchased SideWinder for wet weather driving, and reinstalled the TRIC.

Our TRIC is patent pending for design and utility, and makes more HP than any other intake on the market, period!

We offer the SideWinder Carbon Fiber underhood convertible piece for an additional $120.00 when purchased at the same time as the TRIC.

Since both systems utilize the same Carbon Fiber Max Airflow Generator (MAG) and the same Racer's Wedge filter, converting to the underhood SideWinder during wet weather is simple, and takes exactly 3 minutes.

We will be introducing this convertible system to the forum in the new parts section this weekend for a killer price.

Jim Hall
Halltech

1 - 8 of 8 Posts