Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got the Z06 out of the shop with the new enhancements that include an RK Sport hood, painted stripes with more detail around the truck emblem and rolled over the spoiler. I've also included some pics showing the hood from the drivers seat and the new radio head unit.

Full car from the front showing the RK Sport hood. The stripes really bring out the hood bulges and makes the hood look longer.

Rear end (Spectre Werks read fascia) with the stripes rolled over the spoiler

Detail around the trunk emblem.

View from the driver's seat

New Sony stereo head unit in the carbon fiber console.

Partition and Storage Compartment

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Nice! I always wanted to know how the RK hood would blend in with the new rear fascia... perfect combo.

Have you considered the new Specter Werkes non pop-up headlights they just showed recently... that would be interesting.

What is your opinion on the RK hood as far as fit and finish?
Compared to the quality of the rear fascia?

Thanks for showing the pics.
Don

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
That car is simply, Drop Dead Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with us.:cheers:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Great pics!!! The car looks incredible. Is that a custom storage area in between the cockpit and partition or a pre fabbed item?

That is just a great idea for the daily driver like me:) Although the factory console holds alot (2 cd's and a pack of smokes and she's full).

Thanks for posting the pics!

Paul

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
David,

That's a georgeous Z! Congratulations.

I too would like to know where the storage deck came from.

:D

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
don527 said:
Nice! I always wanted to know how the RK hood would blend in with the new rear fascia... perfect combo.

Have you considered the new Specter Werkes non pop-up headlights they just showed recently... that would be interesting.

What is your opinion on the RK hood as far as fit and finish?
Compared to the quality of the rear fascia?

Thanks for showing the pics.
Don
I've looked at the new lights offered from Spectre werks, but I like the non popup look.

I've seen some really good RK Sport hoods and some really poor ones. I bought mine used for a couple of reasons. First because once it has been prepped, the cost to finish is greatly reduced. Second, since it had already been finished and installed, I knew it would probably fit well.

I agree that is fits very nicely with the rear fascia.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hossman said:
Great pics!!! The car looks incredible. Is that a custom storage area in between the cockpit and partition or a pre fabbed item?

That is just a great idea for the daily driver like me:) Although the factory console holds alot (2 cd's and a pack of smokes and she's full).

Thanks for posting the pics!

Paul
After I installed the partition, I decided to see if I could get someone to make that storage compartment for me. It sits nicely between the ledge behind the seat and the partition. Although it is not secured, it will not move at all and is easily removeable.

I designed it with 6 cupholders (2 for cans and 4 for large cups and coffee cups that have handles). It also can hold up to 20 CD's and has 2 covered (hinged doors) storage compartments. In addition, there is enough storage in front of the CD rack to hold the garage door remote, cell phone, camera, etc.

A local stereo shop made it for me for $250. A bargin IMO. It really is functional and my fiance loves it as she can now bring coffee and bottled water with us on trips.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to everyone for the compliments. This car just keeps getting better and better. The longer I have it the more I love it.

·
Registered
680 Posts
fcalmes said:
David,

Absolutely KILLER!! :cool: Thanks for sharing!!

DITTO......VERY COOL, I am thinking about the sony too....and that Hood:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
878 Posts
SHHHHHWEET !!

I want to make one of those storage compartments. Can you tell me what he made it out of. Is it thin plywood and carpet?

:z:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Awesome mods... The detail on the trunk is sweet :)

The storage addition is a much needed addition to the car as the mini cupholder and .27 cubic feet of glove+armrest can barely hold a tiregauge+garage opener+cd+glasses.... :(

Wish a partition maker would manufacture that bad boy with a matching material... hmmm....:cool:

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
:cheers: Nice job, done with good taste and layout. Sometimes people go overboard with personal appearance mods but YOU got it right! Way to go and thanks for sharing. :) Bill

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Love that carbon fiber interior. Where did you get the kit from? I've been looking for one forever.

Jim

·
Registered
787 Posts
I'm really diggin the rear fascia :thumb:

Miguel

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Diggin' up ooooolllldddd threads :lol: I think he has had 2 or 3 other "CorvetteSS"s since this one.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts