Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a slightly used Z06 with ATI Procharger and started shredding a belt but caught it before it broke. Problem is, I broke the tensioner trying to put the new belt on. It looked to me like the tensioner was slightly cockeyed while the old belt was still on, so maybe a new tensioner will improve alignment and prevent this from happening again. Previous owner had the 8 rib pulley system installed b/c he was going through a lot of belts - maybe it was an alignment problem all along. This belt apparently lasted about 2,500 miles (1,200 being my drive home from FL to IN). Is the tensioner a special part I need to get from ATI? Because it was a Saturday, I haven't been able to call ATI or the installer yet, but if it's a factory part, I want to get it first thing tomorrow morning. Can't stand to have my new toy sitting broken any longer than it has to.

I think in the future, if belt is as hard to get on, I'll loosen supercharger and/or alternator to slide it on and then tighten bolts.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Call Andy one of our sponsors at A & A Corvette

<----------------

He'll set you up.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Either Andy @ A&A or Chris @ ECS can set you up with a custom tensioner.

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts