Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
327 Posts
Well once again I interject and I don't even have my car yet. Delivery date of 9-20-01 changed to 9-19-01.

I have shifted without the clutch many times on my '96 Z-28. The tranny sure doesn't like it though. Makes a small grinding noise each time, but this T-56 is beat to shit in all reality. I have at least 750-1000 passes on it and only about 40,000 miles. Many launches at 5,500-6,000 rpm and launching on ET Drags and N2O. 1.6 short times. Road Racing, auto-xing, daily driving, etc, etc. The tranny is actually being rebuilt now, because everytime I shift into 2nd it grinds. It pops out of some gears, I can't powershift because when I slam (and I do mean slam) it into 3d gear it goes up between 3d and 5th and my reverse lights come on and it acts like it is in neutral.

I guess that I shift fast enough with normal spirited shifting though. I can shift normally, taking foot off the gas, stepping on the clutch, shifting, releasing the clutch and stepping back on the gas just as fast as I can when not taking my foot off the gas. And when I don't use the clutch the same scenario. But both speed shifting (leaving foot on the gas) and power shifting (clutchless shifting) sure impress the passengers in the car!!! :)

I've got enough 1/4 mile runs to know what I and my car ('96 Z-28) are capable of and found that I don't need to powershift or clutchless shift. It is just harder on the car :/

· Registered
327 Posts
"I pull straight through the water. At Capitol they won't let you go around it."

WTF!?!?!?! I'll NEVER understand why a track won't allow folks to drive around the water box, especially with street tires. We all go apeshit when the ricers all drive through the water and ruin the track out here at Sacramento Raceway.

You'd figure that folks getting water on their tires (even if you burn off the rear tires the fronts still have some water on them) might not realize it and get a bit out of control and maybe hit the wall!!! Now I know you have to sign a waiver to race, but most any lawyer could get around that. Just looks like a problem waiting to happen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.