Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to take the day off yesterday to take care of a house emergency. I decided to hit Atco in the afternoon as long as I was out. The skies were very dark so I knew it could be a 2 hr ride for nothing. Got there early and made one pass - 9.40 @ 147. I wasn't disappointed because I know that the car needs some heat in it to make a good pass.

Right before the second pass it began to drizzle just a bit and they held us up for about 30 minutes. I lost some of the heat from the turbos and pressure from my tires so I wasn't too hopeful. They finally let us go and I did a big burnout to get the tire pressure up and put some heat back into the turbos.

I launched and the car deadhooked. I cut a 1.34 60' and must've lifted the front about 5" :D Car tracked perfectly straight and I crossed the trapps in 9.05 @ 147 mph with a pretty quick 5.78 @ 121 mph in the 1/8.

I let the car coll down a bit and drove back to the staging lanes. But the rain returned and that was all she wrote. Sooooo close yet soooooo far away. This car is REALLY making me wait for that 8 second slip.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
:jammin: :jammin: Great pass Paul. 9.00000000000000000000000000's and looking for an eight. You have to love it. That is a serious 60 footer. Good job.

D.J.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
1.34 60ft.... I can only imagine what that must feel like. If my car EVER dead hooks, I'm sure it wiil scare the hell out of me..

NICE JOB :cheers:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I can only dream of numbers like that :jawdrop: They would give me nocturnal emissions! :zboobie:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, guys. This was the best 60' I ever cut and, I have to admit, I got pinned into the seat pretty good. Great feeling, though. I'm racing in the Corvette Challenge tomorrow and it's supposed to be a cool morning so keep your fingers crossed for me.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Now that is really flying Paul! The 8's are just a heartbeat away. I sure hope that someone gets a video of your 1st 8
second run, that would be awesome! :cheers:

Jim

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Congrats Paul! I know your dying for the 8 second pass. You ran that 9.15 with seriously $h!tty air at Island last Saturday and horrible track prep. With the good air you'll get in Sept & Oct I wouldn't be suprised if you pull off a 8.8X pass!

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Great run Paul. :thumb: Now bring that bad boy to Pocono with all of us on August 21st and really show us what she'll do on that 1 mile straight away. :D

Don

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Congrats on your 9.05 with a Bitch'n sixty :guiness:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Congrats!!1.34 is a serious short time :thumb:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dr.Ron said:
Hey Paul, my car dead hooked once too! Only $3400 later it was fixed.....Way to go.
Ron
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That's a bargain. It used to cost me between 2 and 5 grand every time I broke last year. And I would break every 7 to 10 passes.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Steve Tillman said:
Congrats!!1.34 is a serious short time :thumb:
I wonder if I voided my warranty with my mods? :rofl:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Stop toying with us and crank the boost :lol: We want 8s!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts