Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my modded C6 knob in the mail today, swapped it in, what an improvement!

Whatcha all think...

before...

after...

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Way cool mod Sheriff! I like it allot. :jammin:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Looks great! I have the same knob and love the feel vs. the stock knob and several other aftermarket knobs I have tried. :cheers:

Bob :D

·
Registered
959 Posts
Where'd you get it, how much, and did you have to "dye" it to match the black of the C5 interior?

Looks good!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
sheriffd2 said:
Got my modded C6 knob in the mail today, swapped it in, what an improvement!

after...
Looks good. Is there a way to straighten the numbers? :cheers:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the compliments, I really like how it looks and it feels great!

Answers...

The 'numbers' (shift pattern) cannot be moved or rotated, but the entire knob can be position any way you like it 360°

The knob IS definately a lighter shade of black than the rest of the C5 Interior, but it doesn't bother me. You can see in the picture, btween the knob/boot, the difference isnt 'too' offensive. Here's a brighter pic to show the difference in color...

Actually, it kinda incorporates the lighter color of the radio and climate controls.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks awesome!
Where did you get it and how much?
Did you just change the knob or the whole shifter?
I loved the feel of the shifter when I sat in the new Z at Z fest
Vince

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
sheriffd2 said:
Thanks for the compliments, I really like how it looks and it feels great!

Answers...

The 'numbers' (shift pattern) cannot be moved or rotated, but the entire knob can be position any way you like it 360°

The knob IS definately a lighter shade of black than the rest of the C5 Interior, but it doesn't bother me. You can see in the picture, btween the knob/boot, the difference isnt 'too' offensive. Here's a brighter pic to show the difference in color...

Actually, it kinda incorporates the lighter color of the radio and climate controls.
Sheriffd2,

Use some black shoe polish on your shift knob and it will darken it to match the boot and interior. I used the Kiwi paste in the can and put several coats on it to die it dark black, then topped it off with leather conditioner. Works great, and doesn't rub off on your hand. :idea:

Bob :thumb:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Looks good. It's too bad the colors are a little bit off.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WUTWHNE said:
Looks good. It's too bad the colors are a little bit off.
Actually, I've ordered a custom Electron blue/Black leather shift boot from Ken at Vette Essentials, and he said they are now doing custom colors with the C6 knob, so I will end up sending this knob off to him to have it re-wrapped in the same two-tone scheme :thumb:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Do one better Put the C 6 Shifter in . Reduces Throw . I have a B&M Shifter With 45,00 miles It was Getting Bad . So i call them .Thy make a new one know part Number 45044 . I asked if I could take the shifter out and Turn it around Would It Work ? Yes Its Like new Again But You Can't Lock The Ball . So I used Blue Lock T

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
One thing to watch out for with this knob is the threads. It's just a plastic insert that threads onto the shift lever. If you tighten it to far or have numerous removals and installations, the threads will get stripped. This happened to me with this same knob.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts