Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I flagged over a brand new "c6-z06" in Toronto.
A blue C6-z06 , Ontario plated and driven by Matt Crosby of GM Canada. (it had 300km on the car only!!)

He was nice enough to pull over and we chatted for several minutes.

I asked him to comment about the car in regards to the c6 and c5-z06.

His comments follow: (Happy news for everyone, I think!)

Firstly, he stated that the C6-z06 compares the following ways,

(a) the car feels very small compared to the z06-c5.
(b) thereby it handles really well. (not over refined like the C6 coupes/verts).
(c) the rawness of the Z06-c5 is there on the new C6-z06!!! (yeah!)
(d) older C5-z06er's will be very happy with this car, but feels the car will be very difficult to get the first year.
(e) his last comment was this baby is "505" !!

I wanted to share with everyone his comments.
Exciting news. The vin # was 000125

He then peeled-out!
btw I noticed a new black plastic lip on the bottom of the front spoiler that I believe they added. (factory lookin')

-Bill. :yeadog:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Great info Bill! The front spoiler being different makes me think that the car that people are seeing at the ring is actually the new Z and not the Blue Devil. :coo:

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This was posted on another thread referring to "BLUE DEVIL",

The slot cut-outs in the new front spoiler lip are exactly the same as the car I saw today in Toronto.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Great info smook :guiness:

Can't wait to see one up close in person.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
nice. i like those slots in the "blue devil" :lol:

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A couple more personal comments on the car.

-the car looks very nice in blue with great contrast to the red-painted brakes. The color blue is very cool. Remember this is the first time I'm seeing the car on the real-road outside during the day. (usually, always under a tent, in a show, in a building etc.)

-the car sits much lower than I thought and the rear is much wider. Front end is more noticeable with a bigger mouth.

-when "Matt" took-off, the rear lowered and the C6-z06 gave a great roar to the muffler. (sounds the way it should, loud and throaty)

-more impressed today after seeing it on my road.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
smook said:

-the car looks very nice in blue with great contrast to the red-painted brakes. The color blue is very cool. Remember this is the first time I'm seeing the car on the real-road outside during the day. (usually, always under a tent, in a show, in a building etc.)

-the car sits much lower than I thought and the rear is much wider. Front end is more noticeable with a bigger mouth.

-when "Matt" took-off, the rear lowered and the C6-z06 gave a great roar to the muffler. (sounds the way it should, loud and throaty)

-more impressed today after seeing it on my road.
[email protected] that sounds good to me. I know that it must of been sweet. :jammin:

·
Registered
270 Posts
smook said:

-the car looks very nice in blue with great contrast to the red-painted brakes. The color blue is very cool.
I like BLUE but with stripes ;)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
what I wanna know is why didn't you try to race him as he took off....

·
Registered
296 Posts
undertaker said:
He probably wanted to...but he first had to pick up his jaw from the pavement. By then it was too late.:p

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
undertaker said:

No-way! I was driving my work vehicle, a black HONDA Pilot.

HAHA! :pp:

BTW: I think the only reason he stopped was that I was waving and shouting for him to pull-over for a chat. He did make the comment that he did so because I seemed just "too-happy" and thought that this guy knows what this car really is. He said, most people don't even notice him.
I surprised him. HEHE!
-Bill. :z:

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Don't know if this helps the arguement, but this is the one I saw three weeks ago

Definitely different front spoiler

1 - 20 of 33 Posts