Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had ECS install a new OZ (Aussie) Clutch today. I just picked up the car and drove it 25 miles home. Too soon to evaluate other than the pedal is lighter than the McLeod. I also had a hardened output shaft installed in the car. Even though I don't race the car I thought it was good insurance, and since the rear was down....

More evaluation after 300-500 miles of normal driving. Sorry, no high miles evaluations, I don't drive the car enough!!
NoMercy just hit 10,000 miles, and he's almost 5 years old.

BTW: On ECS's shop. Clean, neat, organized, (crowded with cars), and friendly!! Good place to have work done!!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Awesome,

Been wanting to hear impressions on this clutch from people with similar engine set-ups. I'll be looking forward to hearing more once you've put more miles on. I too am looking for streetability... :cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
I hope it is as good as its reputation.
I know there are a lot of people considering that clutch and will be interested in how you like it after you rack up some miles. Keep us posted....

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Joe,

I think you made a good choice. I am predicting this clutch will outlive you...not! :D Enjoy your new shifting pleasure. :thumb:

Don

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Joe,

Good luck with your new clutch. Let us know your impressions about it after you've had some time to get familiar with it.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Thanks for the update. How the engagement feel, any drive-train snatch etc? :cheers:

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Congratulations Joe;

I discovered the break-in miles should be local as highway mileage doesn't give the clutch much of a workout.

Pat :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts