Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be adding some spray as per my other post very soon and know I need to upgrade my clutch. I was planning to do a full DTE rear with 3.90 gears, both hardened shafts, and the brace. However, I will not be tracking the car that often and was wondering if I would be able to do just the output shafts, brace, and clutch, and still have it be strong enough for the occasional romp on ET Streets. I have decided the gears are not going to benefit me on the street, especially when on the spray, so I want to leave the 3.42's. If I do this, do I really need to do the whole Stage 2 DTE rear if I wont track the car but once or twice a year? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-Russ

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I agree with what you are saying. I am just curous as to if it is worth the money if I will not be constantly at the track. Just want to know if the money is better spent elsewhere that is all. Meaning will the brace and output shafts in the stock rear be able to stand the occasional beating. Thanks in advance for your help.
-Russ

·
Registered
413 Posts
MPRTKLR said:
Just want to know if the money is better spent elsewhere that is all. Meaning will the brace and output shafts in the stock rear be able to stand the occasional beating. Thanks in advance for your help.
-Russ
Yes...good investment, you will add other stuff over time regardless, may as well do some peace-of-mind first. Actually a little cheaper than doing after it has broke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts