Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will post the dyno results in the PDC later today, but here are the numbers I got yesterday.

2002 EB ZO6
Stock Engine 356.7 RWHP
Stock Torque 348.1

Modded Engine (Mods listed below) 378.6 RWHP
Modded Torque 366.3

A gain of 21.9 RWHP. I am pleased!

http://chantalray.homestead.com/z06.html

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Great numbers!

Can't wait til mine gets here so I can do the same and compare. 22rwhp/18rwtq for headers, X-pipe,intake kit, and a t-stat is good.

I thought you were going to do a pulley also?

I predict over 500rwhp with a conservative shot of nitrous. :D

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Great numbers!

WA 2 FST said:
Can't wait til mine gets here so I can do the same and compare. 22rwhp/18rwtq for headers, X-pipe,intake kit, and a t-stat is good.

I thought you were going to do a pulley also?

I predict over 500rwhp with a conservative shot of nitrous. :D
I was considering a pulley but decided not to because I was not guaranteed any significant HP increase. If anyone can show me some real gains on a 2002 Z, I'd love to see the before and after dyno.:)

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Re: Re: Great numbers!

jnation said:

I was considering a pulley but decided not to because I was not guaranteed any significant HP increase. If anyone can show me some real gains on a 2002 Z, I'd love to see the before and after dyno.:)
I thought there was somone on www.corvetteforum.com that got 5-6rwhp out of a pulley swap.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I saw that thread too. Can't remember if it was pulley only, I want to say x-pipe also. Anyway, my next mod will be headers, I have seen nice gains with any long tube mod. LGM ( Hope I can give the name if not I aplolgize) has a trick set of pipes coming out soon. Pricy for me, I may go the TPIS. I have heard they don't hold up, any merrit to that?;)

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Jeff,

Congrats :) Great numbers. I can hardly wait till Steve Cole finds time to finish my tuning. I expect HP to be in the 382-387 area.

This Spring it's the Heads, Cam, Roller Rockers, Underdrive Pulley and anything else I can think of.....means the engine will need to come out :eek: Also, back to Steve Cole for some more PCM adjustments.

That should get her up to maybe 446 rwhp.....like Darth's Z.

THEN, *The Supercharger*......let's see 446X140% = 624 rwhp :D :cool: ;) :guiness: :guiness: :guiness: :guiness:

Then, I'll need even better Brakes, a mini-tub, new wheels(Fikse 18x10 up front and 18x12-13 rear. Of course, then I'll need the coil overs and T-1 sway bars, and a roll cage, and a 6 point harness, and............

Damn, that's gonna be a whole lot of MONEY!!

You know the phone # for Modiholics? :eek: :-? :roll: :eek:

:cheers:
Barrie

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
02ZO6 said:
I saw that thread too. Can't remember if it was pulley only, I want to say x-pipe also. Anyway, my next mod will be headers, I have seen nice gains with any long tube mod. LGM ( Hope I can give the name if not I aplolgize) has a trick set of pipes coming out soon. Pricy for me, I may go the TPIS. I have heard they don't hold up, any merrit to that?;)
I am keeping a close eye on mine (using a lighted fiber optic lens to looks for stress cracks around welds, crevices). I drive my Z very hard, so if any headers will break, might as well be mine.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts