Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I traded in my 01 Z06 QS, for a 02 Z06 EB, wow what a car! I just love the color and sound...Performance wise the 02 seemed to have alittle more power, it felt more torquey...but once I put my Donaldson on from the 01 Z06 man the car really picked up! I can truley feel the difference now. I took a huge hit on the 01 but they just are not selling in the paper thats why I decided to trade-in. I bought the 01 for 42600. They gave me 38000 and the 2002 rebate. They did not come down from MSRP for the 02...$50,710. But I still left smiling. All options except mod red interior.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Congratulations! The EB is really good looking.

·
Registered
128 Posts
ZO6ROX said:
...Performance wise the 02 seemed to have alittle more power, it felt more torquey...but once I put my Donaldson on from the 01 Z06 man the car really picked up! *snip*
Hrmm.. donaldson on the 02? I thought I remembered reading something saying that you needed to have the computer reprogrammed in order to utilize that airbox on the 02 cars properly. Any comments? The donaldson off of my 01 is currently sitting in the livingroom floor taking up space..... haven't tried it on the 02 for that fear yet.

-jbl

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
z06rox,

You did good. Congrats.

:cheers:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Donaldson?

Jasonbrent, I have not heard of the pcm reprogram for 02's with a Donaldson...On my 02 the Donaldson is not causing the car to flat spot or hesitate on WOT it really is just running great. I look at all the posts on Haltech's T-1 which I assume flows just as well or better? and I do not think people are having to reprogram the pc's. If anybody knows anything please let me know...I pull the sucker off asap. I do know that my Dealer is installing Donaldsons on 02 coupes and converts but I have not seen them do anything to the Z06's. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Re: Donaldson?

ZO6ROX said:
Jasonbrent, I have not heard of the pcm reprogram for 02's with a Donaldson...On my 02 the Donaldson is not causing the car to flat spot or hesitate on WOT it really is just running great. I look at all the posts on Haltech's T-1 which I assume flows just as well or better? and I do not think people are having to reprogram the pc's. If anybody knows anything please let me know...I pull the sucker off asap. I do know that my Dealer is installing Donaldsons on 02 coupes and converts but I have not seen them do anything to the Z06's. Any help would be appreciated.
Well, perhaps I will try mine then. Worst case, i remove it and let the computer re-learn.

-jbl

·
Registered
638 Posts
Jason,

I have it on mine with no problems. I have done all the recommended mods, but I think it's fine by itself unless you are trying to squeeze every bit of HP you can. The engine ran fine with just the Blackwing also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts