·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Cool video, I also only saw one video.

Where's the track video's? :D

·
Registered
892 Posts
Cool article, but they neglected to point out the L88's reputed 550hp was a gross number, not the SAE net horsepower of today, so the LS7 is actually more powerful than the L88 was.

They also forgot to mention the titanium connecting rods and valves.

I also didn't like this comment: "it's worth noting that this Vette finally has some brakes equal to its penchant for velocity. "

As if the C5 Z06's brakes didn't work well? While the C5 Z06's brakes weren't sexy, they worked incredibly well, with 60-0 ft. stopping distances about the same as the C6 Z06. The C6 Z06's brakes probably work better than the C5 Z06 at higher speeds, but its not like the C5 Z06's brakes sucked, which Edmunds basically implied with their comment.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I thought it was a good article, corrections not withstanding. All of the magazines have to get away from braking tests like 70-0 in so many feet. This might be a decent test for a Camry, but that is basically irrelevant for a performance car because a crappy C5 brake can stop one time as well as a water cooled Alcon race brake, all else being equal. Where the new ZO6 brakes show a difference is in multiple stops over time as in a road course situation. I suggest that they need to do say, (10) 100-30 stops, then see how they hold up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts