Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a '02 ZO6 in the spring and was wondering where you guys bought your cars. Who are the best dealers when buying a ZO6 and how much of a discount do they allow? I made some preliminary calls to Betley in Derry, NH and Kerbecks and they both want MSRP. Thanks.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I've had excellent results with Sharon Dibble at Maroone Chevrolet in FL. This year they offer a 1/2 day at the Justin Bell Driving School with the purchase of a new Corvette. That's something everyone should do when they buy a performance car like the ZO6.

Bob

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Skip!!!

I bought my car from Walter Earl Chevrolet in Bridgewater,Ma. Great group of People there. With the purchase of any new car from them they offer FREE OIL CHANGES FOR LIFE!!! The last time I was there they had a Quicksilver, and an Electron Blue on the lot. Hope this helps:cheers: :cheers: I paid 3000 below msrp also but then I had an 01'

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Hi Skip,

Good luck in your hunt for a Z06. I bought mine off the web from a dealer in Conn. (Champagne Toy Store..aka Champagne Chevy) for just under MSRP (Nov/01) which was pretty good (versus 2500 to 3000 over MSRP at the local dealers). Check with the supporting dealers. They seem to have done a great job working with Z06vette.com'ers. If you go out of state, find out how much it would cost to have it ship in a closed trailer. That's about the only difference.

Dave:cheers:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Hi Skip, and Welcome!

Ditto, on contacting our supporting dealers!

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Skip,

Allocation is the key item. I went to Dobles to purchase my Z. They could not sell me one at the time due to "no allocation".
I ended up purchasing through Sharron Dibble of Maroone Chevrolet in FL. Dobles did a courtesy delivery so I was still
able to pick up the car there. I would not pay over MSRP if I
were you. A big plus dealing with Sharon was her contact with the factory. With her help, I was able to fly to Bowling Green and
see my car built. Good luck!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Skip,

Ditto what Cape Cod Bob and Thrust have written, Sharon Dibble at Maroone Chevy in Florida was right on the money. Nice discount off MSRP, large allocation and easy to deal with. All paper work was exchanged by FedEx, then I picked up the car at the NCM, which I highly recommend. Another option is to take a 'courtesy delivery' at a local dealer if they would agree to it.

I also have a 99 which I bought from Bruce Glueck Chevy, also in Florida. Again, the deal was easy and hassle free. However, he doesn't have the allocation that some of the very largest dealers have and therfore couldn't get my 02 as quickly.

Steve

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
I have to echo the others here, I went through Chevy of Lowell and paid MSRP+, my next purchase would be through one of the forum vendors and do a Museum delivery, then break her in on the drive home.

There are 4 forum vendors which makes for just enough competition to get a good deal.

Mark

·
Registered
198 Posts
I bought mine from Jake Sweeney's in Ohio. They are truly a top notch dealer. They gave me a great deal and really pulled out the red carpet for me when I arrived. It was a great experience. I would defiantely buy from them again. Best of luck to ya, and welcome aboard.

p.s. ditto on what everyone else says about the forum vendors. They appear to be extremely committed to the forum and its members.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts