Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 months away from the car, and the blow up, finally picked the Z up from MTI. We put in the their forged 347 motor with the whole works. G1 cam and new Spec III clutch. Had to baby her home yesterday and do the break in. The cam makes the car a little more wild, but it idles great with a little "shimmy".

The car put down 586rwhp 493rwt at 6300 rpms with 7lbs of boost. Hopefully it will be a little safer than stock. They told me it could do lots more than that but this was a good setup.
Man it feels great to be back in the seat! :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Congrats on getting it back on the road. Be careful with all that new power! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I have a similar setup, sans forged motor. Did you get the stage II head package? What was the cost of the forged engine with the stage II heads and cam? I'm looking at a forged balanced and blueprinted motor with a stage II package from Andy at A&A for about $5500 (my est.).

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
jamjdub59,

Congrats on your new setup. I'm going to be doing the same thing later this year over at A&A. What CR are you using and what are the cam specs?

Thanks

Zrod

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Z, I'm running at 9.8 and the cam is MTI's G1, 228 232.
Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
After you get used to it, you can crank up the boost quite a bit. With forged internals and that cr, I bet you could run 11 or 12 pounds of boost with no problems. Congrats on the well thought out set up! :thumb:

·
Registered
551 Posts
I am looking at forging my lower end. May I ask what it cost?

·
Registered
37 Posts
iamjdub59 said:
After 2 months away from the car, and the blow up, finally picked the Z up from MTI. We put in the their forged 347 motor with the whole works. G1 cam and new Spec III clutch. Had to baby her home yesterday and do the break in. The cam makes the car a little more wild, but it idles great with a little "shimmy".

The car put down 586rwhp 493rwt at 6300 rpms with 7lbs of boost. Hopefully it will be a little safer than stock. They told me it could do lots more than that but this was a good setup.
Glad your back on the road, I'm sure it feels good. Did
you ever figure out what caused the first motor to Ghost on you. I seemed to remember you fried a few pistons just days after the install.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I was down there when Jayson was tuning your car. It sounded great! Congrats on getting that beast back. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Thats good news J. Glad to know the beast is back and running. Now i need to watch out from black Z06s :sneaky: are you going to the track or doing something anytime soon? if you are let me know so we can meet up and i can check out the MTI beast!

·
Registered
20 Posts
iamjdub59 said:

Glad you got it back on the road. Since you have the new fuel system, could you go higher on the boost or are you maxed out because of the returnless feul system. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Morzoff said:
586rwhp 493rwt awesome numbers :jammin:
:yeadog: :yeadog: Congrats :guiness:

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Man, that is great. I'd like to know what you think of the Spec 3 clutch as I am planning to get the same clutch installed soon. Most guys that have it like it and and have no problems, some have complaints (rattle ?). My car is putting out less power then yours, so if holds up in your car, I know I'll be ok ! BTW, Are you still running F1s on that beast ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Been keepin' my eye out.......

Glad to hear that your're back on the road and running strong!
I know that as a stock booster myself, this could be me at any time :bang: , but for the grace of the mechanical gods. Blow 'er up, I'll do the same as you, get 'er built and keep going. (What else?) I"m glad to hear you're back and healthy. :jammin:

Roger

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.