8,152 Posts
Thanks for the link.

Alex

·
Registered
864 Posts
Vladcanada said:
bleh nothing special.... ;)
Yeah it's all failry old and common technology. The amazing thing is how they did it for so cheap. They did an excellent job of putting all the right components together, making them work and then charging a great price.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
355Spider said:
Yeah it's all failry old and common technology. The amazing thing is how they did it for so cheap. They did an excellent job of putting all the right components together, making them work and then charging a great price.
It might be fairly old, but how many cars on the market today have this kind of technology built within?

Dry-sump oiling system
Forged steel main bearing caps
Forged steel crankshaft
Titanium connecting rods with 101.6-mm stroke
Racing-derived CNC-ported aluminum cylinder heads with titanium intake valves and sodium-filled exhaust valves
Hydroformed exhaust headers with unique “quad flow”
etc...

The fact that this car has all this great technology in it all at once makes it AWESOME! and all for 65K!

imo, this is one of the best sports cars to come in at under 300K.

·
Registered
148 Posts
vant said:
So the coupe and convertible are gonna have the 6-Speed Paddle Shift automatic?
That's the way I read it, and that was the new info in that release for me. Interesting.

The 4-speed auto with the performance axle was:

3.15*3.06 = 9.6:1

The 4-speed auto with the standard axle was:

2.73*3.06 = 8.4:1

And the new 6-speed auto is:

2.56*4.02 = 10.3:1

However, you have a pretty big drop from first to second. It will be interesting to see how this affects the autos.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Rev Matching?

After reading the brief write up about the paddle shifter, I saw no mention of electronic rev matching. I think I would like this option, BUT only if it provided automatic rev matching for downshifts. I have never mastered heel-toe shifting. It seems that this trans, combined with the fly by wire throttle, it should be able to perfectly match revs on a downshift (assuming it is within the rev limit).

Has anyone heard whether the new trans will do this? :roll:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts