Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer tells me that the new Diff Fluid - Part #89021677 ("grape scented") does NOT require the LSD additive - it's already in the Fluid.

Can some confirm this from a reliable source??

The 'classic' fluid - Part #12378261 has been discontinued.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Can't help you specifically, but I can tell you that most good synthetics do come with the friction modifier in it already (such as the AMSOIL Severe Gear Extreme Pressure Synthetic 75w90 I use). If you are unsure, get some and put it in. If the diff chatters, get some additive and put a half bottle in and check it again.

As an FYI, AMSOIL does make a friction modifier for the rare diff that does chatter and needs it. I don't use this myself:
AMSOIL Slip-Lock Differential Additive
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
If this is true ask the dealer to show you documentation from GM. There will surely be a buliten of some type. Don't just take their word for it. :-? It is your rear end at risk. :lol: :z:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Well my dealer tech adds the modifier even when using the grape scented "new" fluid which has been around since '03 when I got my Z. I run Amsoil but still need to add a bit of friction modifier b/c I got a little chatter on cold mornings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts