Corvette Z06 Forum banner

New Goodridge Brake Line updates

3K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  BQuicksilver 
DJWorm said:
The -3AN connector coming off the Caliper should be a 90 degree and the Clip connector at the frame bracket main line can be straight (as OEM) or modified to a 90 degree and appropriately positioned for strain relief.
Any additional hints on how they are "modified to a 90 degree and appropriately positioned for strain relief"? Where are the 90 degree fittings available.

For what it's worth... I called Goodridge today because the lines I have are too short on the rears. The "tech guy" I spoke to was unaware of this issue with the Z06. He is "looking into the problem" and possible solutions. I'll post the outcome.

I compared the length of my rear stock lines to that of the Goodridge SS lines with AN connectors. The Goodridge lines are actually a bit longer - but still too short, here's why.

Both of the lines terminate at the caliper with a 45 deg. fitting. The stock lines have banjo connectors thereby introducing an additional 90 deg. bend to get to the caliper. The SS lines need to go through an additional arc to get to the caliper. In addition, the 45 deg. fitting on the SS lines causes it to take a different route back to the hard line fitting.

It looks like Goodridge needs to put a 90 deg. fitting on the caliper end and add about 1 inch to the length of the SS line. This would allow the line to closely approximate the routing of the stock line.

I have informed Goodridge of this and they offered to supply me with replacement lines of these dimensions. Hope I'm right :)

My SS lines just arrived from Mallett. They were not what I was expecting per earlier posts by DJWorm and talking to Mallett.

DJWorm said:
Note that the Goodridge Lines from Mallett have a 90 degree -3AN connector on all 4 corners and the rears have an additional 120 degree oblique backspacing angle. They terminate at the frame bracket in a straight clip connector.
The lines I received are certainly longer and appear that they will not be forced into a tight radius bend when the suspension is unloaded like the others were. They do have the 90 deg. fittings at the caliper ends, but are otherwise straight lines. There is no 120 deg. angle on anything.

Now, the side of the box states they are for a 97-99 Corvette. Perhaps the wrong lines were shipped by mistake, I will find out. In any event, they are a big improvment over what I had.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.