Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

just joined the boards, so if I am posting in the wrong forumn, please feel free to move me!

Anyways, I'm in the market for a '03-'04 Z06. But I don't really know what they are going for these days. I can't find many for sale around my area on autotrader.com.

Another thing I am pondering, is what will the price be of a C6 after my GMS discount? Any dealers on the board that could PM me some numbers? I get GMS from my grandfather retiring from GM. (yes it applies to the vette)

I didn't know what the price difference would be between my GMS and the price of a late model Z06. I didn't know if it would be worth the wait.

So throw me a ton of information. Right now I have a Camaro and an '02 WS6. I'm probably going to sell those to get the Vette, I just have to see if I can do it.

Thanks guys! :jammin:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
If you're talking about a decision between a regular C6, and a C5 ZO6, the better performance car is the Z, and a used one is a real bargain right now. I've seen '03s in the mid-30s with very low miles, '04s for not much more. The differences between 02-04 Zs are negligible, so I'd go for any of those years, in the best condition, or with expensive mods already done. Nothing wrong with '01s, but they're not much cheaper, and why not just get the 405 hp and HUD.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
What's up & welcome... It's a great time to enter the Z brotherhood. Lot's of GOOOD deals out there. Good luck.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the warm welcome guys!

how "good" are these deals? private sellers? dealers? I mean what range are we talking? 30k? 40k?

You said the Z is better than the C6? Everything I heard is that the C6 is much better? More powerful? better handling?

Still interested in what kind of discount i'd get with my GMS on a new C6 **hint hint to you dealers out there**

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys, i'm goina do some searching on autotrader...but most of them are dealerships

i'm just wondering what i should expect to pay. i don't wanna get taken to the cleaners

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I'd personally avoid the dealers, private sale? well I've seen 03's with 10-15K going in the 32-35 range. Bounce through the forsale section on the board, simply put meeting the owner will tell you alot about the history of the car. You'll know exactly what you're getting into. Dealers are going to ask a solid 3-5K more than you'd probably find privately...Your big decision will be color, mod red or all black interior, and stock, mildly modified, or heavily modified.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks undertaker!

that price range for the '03 is about where i was hoping to find them. I'll go check out the forsale section.

I'd probably want black, but I'd settle for red. I'd have to see what the red interior looks like, if its all red, then black for me.

stock of mildly modified would probably work

·
Registered
435 Posts
Try www.cars.com. I have an '03 Z06 with 22K miles I have been thinking about selling. I would advertise at $35K firm. I might be a little high, but that's what I would need to let it go. Good luck and welcome aboard. You will get a lot of info here.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i went to Cars.com, and the only thing going for low-mid, even high 30's as far as Z06's have 40k+ miles on them!

no thanks

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
MetallicaMatt said:
i went to Cars.com, and the only thing going for low-mid, even high 30's as far as Z06's have 40k+ miles on them!

no thanks
How good are your negotiating skills? Don't get discouraged .... deals are out there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well I don't think my skills matter that much. I'm a young guy, and dealers think they can rip me apart. Most of them on cars.com were from dealers. Private sellers don't usually budge that much?

I mean they were asking $4*,000 for them? when i've seen people get them for lower $30k

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
MetallicaMatt said:
well I don't think my skills matter that much. I'm a young guy, and dealers think they can rip me apart. Most of them on cars.com were from dealers. Private sellers don't usually budge that much?

I mean they were asking $4*,000 for them? when i've seen people get them for lower $30k
Okay, then how good are your hotwiring skills? :lol:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol that i can do!

ugh, dunno what i'm goina do now

i mean is low 30's the going price for a nice 03 Z06?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
whats the 1/4 mile on the '03 z06's?

·
Registered
291 Posts
You wont see low 30's here for an 03. The 04's are all over 40k and the 02 go around 33-38 depnding on the miles. The 03 will go from 36-38k depending on the miles. I have good skills and I could not get this dealer below 43k for a 4k 04 z06 , yellow and nice. I could pay cash and that wasn't happening. When the new ones come out the price will go higher. The z06 c5 is better than the c6 , I think, by far. I have never lost to a c6 :z: , Stock vs. stock that is. Good luck and welcome. Dr.Bigg

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the C6 has more horse power than a C5, how can that be true?

what are the 1/4 mile times on a '03 Z06. there, happy? lol

The reason I'm asking is because if the Vette is goina be hard to reach for me, and not a whole lot faster than my WS6, then I'm just goina stick a cam into my WS6 and call it a day.

I'm not 100% convinced to get a vette. I'd have to sell the cars listed in my sig

1 - 20 of 40 Posts