Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Halltech Z1000 T1 Installed Front View



Front View of the T1 (Z1000) Installed. Note the filter is upright, but not verticle. This position allows best airflow to the filter from the front airduct shown.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
What are the benefits for one or the other? Also, do you sell the sidewinder without the air bridge replacement?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
Re: Dyno sheets

Halltech said:


I will tell you the difference by email. It is awesome.

I will not be posting anymore dyno sheets on the forum.

Jim
Why??:-?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,300 Posts
I sent you an email (Haltech) let me know if you are interested?
Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
Cool. I think I'm going to change to either the new Vararam or a Sidewinder.

Is there any danger of running the race filter on a street car if I clean it often (how often?)? Would it let more dirt in the engine?
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TRIC vs T1

NetJunkie said:
What are the benefits for one or the other? Also, do you sell the sidewinder without the air bridge replacement?
The TRIC is the ultimate intake for the Track. We do not recommend it for the street, now that the T-1 is available.

The TRIC works fine, but water ingestion issues hurt sales of the TRIC even though the issue has become an Urban Legend. There is a possibility of hydrolock if you drive through standing water, but stock will lock as well if the water is deep enough.

The T-1 dynos about the same as the TRIC 367 RWHP vs 371.9 (TRIC), but the TRIC provides cooler air all the time, and will probably smoke the T1 in the 1/4 mile.

I have both. With the T1 for everyday use, and the TRIC for serious business. The only difference is the elbow vs the patented S-Tunnel Ram piece.

Each can be purchased separately at substantial savings if you already have the other system.

Hope this explains it.

Jim
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
N4C5S said:
oh ohoohohohh, I gotta have that! Will it work on the TRIC Jim?

JC
Yes, I think so, but we have a new filter for the TRIC, which unleashed more HP and torque.

Anyone who wants to dyno their car, please wait for the new filter. It will add power.

We have 150 filters coming in Monday, with some samples already in the shop.

I promised not to hype anymore, so we will let you be the judge.

I shipped one of our original prototypes to Corvette Bob, so he should have some results next week.
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NetJunkie said:
Cool. I think I'm going to change to either the new Vararam or a Sidewinder.

Is there any danger of running the race filter on a street car if I clean it often (how often?)? Would it let more dirt in the engine?
Not at all, in fact we use the exact same synthetic media as on the Donaldson, there is just much more surface area.

Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,140 Posts
Jim, Is this the same filter that you were telling me about that was going to be replacing the wedge? If you rememeber, when I ordered my sidewinder you told me that it will be coming with a new filter but at that time you only had the wedges. You suggested that I contact you when you announced they were available so I can get one. Please let me know if this is the one you were telling me about and I will contact you so we can talk about it.
So far, the sidewinder is working fine. Do you have any plans to offer it in the polished aluminum along with the carbon fiber?
Thanks,
Don
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
I have been a bit confused from all the different filter posts as of late but it seems like there are a lot of people satisfied with your products. I am interested if I can just figure out what all I need to purchase.

You mentioned TBCB Hose and TBV hose kit would be included this week - are there any other items necessary for a complete install?

:-? :z:
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
southsidecol said:
I have been a bit confused from all the different filter posts as of late but it seems like there are a lot of people satisfied with your products. I am interested if I can just figure out what all I need to purchase.

You mentioned TBCB Hose and TBV hose kit would be included this week - are there any other items necessary for a complete install?

:-? :z:
The T-1 Intake is all you need. The other options are not related to horsepower, except where heat is concerned.

Sale is over this weekend.

Jim
 
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Top