Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a thread a few days ago regarding the 01 I just bought and the accident that it had been in that they didn't tell me about. The owner agreed to repair everything but the laser alignment shop told me today that the entire car except the roof has been repainted and at least 3/4 of the rear end parts are bent. On top of that there are signs of damage and parts out of place in the front end.

I called the owner of the dealership and he's willing to locate another car for me, so..... Anyone know of a Torch Red 01 with Mod Red int. I'll take standard black int though. If one of you nice dealers out there would be willing to send an 02 at a "slight" discount I would be more than willing to pay the upgrade price. I'm stuck with normal fianncing though. The only problem is, I think this dealer can get his wholesale price on any 01 and still make a lot of profit on me where a new 02 wouldn't be as discounted. I know there's about a $6000 profit margin on an 02 if it's sold for retail. He might be willing to do it if a bit was knocked off. Anyone? (otherwise let me know of any 01's you guys know of)

Thanks again for all the help and support. At least I'll still be a Z owner!

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Very glad to hear they are going to take care of you. I would check on eBay. A few left over 2001 ZO6s. And selling below sticker.( everybody wants the 405 HP). If I see any I will forward the page. Best of luck. Baron

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
HItem # 597894207
Item located in: Passenger Vehicles:Chevrolet:Corvetteere is a Red ZO6. 850 miles. Guys buying a 2002 Mil Yel.eBay

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Item # 598079311 Another Red one 2034 miles

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hello INTRCUL

I did a quick search in my local area, probably not much help but found one TR/Black, info is below asking $50,620.00.

Edited:Ima Z06 not a supporting dealer

God luck and happy to hear that the owner is going to make it right.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Item # 598043016 01, Blk/mod red interior

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You guys are great! :yeadog:

I've contacted a forum vendor. I think I want to pursue an 02 model for now. I just need dealer willing to give this owner guy a good price so I can go with an 02. I don't have to know the dealer cost. He said to get him the contact info and he would call the new dealership directly to handle this.

Any dealers willing to do something like this? If not, I'll go with an 01 tha tone of you guys probably find. I ran across a red 01 with 9 miles on it from New Hampshire I believe with an asking price of $46g's I think. This looks good if the 02 thing doesn't pan out.

What would a guy do without support like this from other members?:cheers:

Thanks and keep the 02 offers coming! :D

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Sounds like a good plan to me. At least there won't be any "stories". Good luck, and keep us informed. Sometimes things like this happen for a purpose. Hope all goes well.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hey,

I have a friend who is looking to sell his 01 Z06, Torch w/ Mod Red for 44K. I know the car (I took him to pick it up). No damage EVER, 8K miles and spotless. I'm traveling right now (in Vicksburg, MS), but check E-mail every evening. Give me a shout on the cell or drop me an E-mail with your phone and I'll send you the info, including photos.

I'm just on the way back to DFW from the Museum in BG, picking up my EB Z06. YeeHaaa!!!!

Joe Syslo :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
778 Posts
INTRCUL,

I neglected to include my cell (817) 874-4892.

Sorry,

Joe Syslo :roll: :roll: :roll: :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Don't Understand

Sorry, but this mere female doesn't understand how anyone can buy a car with this much damage without knowing it. It shows in the exterior panel finish, on underbody inspection , by getting a vehicle history report, etc. And I read, "my wife doesn't understand cars." I'd have diagnosed this car as a major wreck in two minutes. There are a bunch of car buying fundamentals that I've known since I was 20. Did you take the car to a mechanic to have it checked out? Caveat Emptor! Z06y Lady, alive, aware and alert in the car arena. :)

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Unfortunately true. Some un-suspecting person will buy that Red ZO6 and it starts all over again. What can you do to stop it? :(

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Open your eyes!

Baron said:
Unfortunately true. Some un-suspecting person will buy that Red ZO6 and it starts all over again. What can you do to stop it? :(
You open your eyes and inspect the car. This is basic. Z06Y Lady

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Z06 Lady, there were many small things which eventually turned this into one big mess. The GM dealership didn't even catch the total repaint and thought whoever did the work did a good job on the rear painting it. They couldn't tell anything was wrong until the rear end wouldn't align. When the laser alignment shop did their work he even confirmed that the frame looked straight so the problem had to be in the rear aluminum suspension pieces which he and the dealership said looked fine to the naked eye.

The car fax came back completely clean so the work was done on the side so it wouldn't be reported and EVERY panel lined up and the paint looked good. There was barely any overspray to tip off the repaint and I've seen cars with more that that from the factory. The color match was perfect as well. Vettes may be painted better than Caveliers but how was I supposed to know that? The furthest thing on my mind was that a car with 3000 miles had been wrecked so it passed the basic visual inspection including undercarriage.

Heck... when I showed it to the GM dealer I had to point it out 3 times and to many people before they saw it and they are the supposed experts. The mechanic who serviced it didn't catch the problem with the entire repaint or the front damage either. He said everything looked good on the rack until until he went to move the rear end. A normal mechanic might not have caught this. it took many hours and about $400 to diagnose what has been currently found. Do you spend that much on a checkup for every car you buy?

Bottom line: I respect every person's opinion but belittling comments like your's do little to further the goal of the forum which is the betterment of the Z06 community and the sharing of experiences. You have done neither of these in your post. I looked many things over on this car and every other I have purchased. You could not possibly understand how this came to happen or how it was discovered because you were not there. Please think twice before passing judgement.

Everyone..... I really do appreciate your concern and help with this matter. This has been a very troublesome time and you support helps. Z06 Lady, if you know of a good 02 or maybe 01 that passes YOUR inspection please let me know. ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts