Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from a very reliable source that GM will offer a 6 speed automatic on the next C6, and a new interior color called "titanium," replacing steel gray.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I remember reading about the 6 spd auto. Sounds like it's going to be cool.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Will it be a paddle shifter? :thumb:

·
Registered
653 Posts
6pd auto...needs some time to getting used to it...on the S4, in normal mode the car shifts to quickly...in sports mode it is too sensitive...I hope they through paddle shifters

·
Registered
666 Posts
Any LS2 HP Increase?

Does anyone know if the General will increase HP of LS2? Pretty typical for small increase in HP every few years.

Missing my Z and looking for a new C6 this year.

Rod

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
I don't think they will run a hp increase over the 400hp for 2006 C6...

and the advantages of the six speed automatic is that the car is always or at the very least "in the right gear" for the best performance....

The less gaps the better and the computerized shifts are lightning fast..

The six speed automatic is .09 tenths of a second faster than a professionally driven six speed manual. Not a lot but it is faster...

The computer logic on "performance driving" although not as good as a driver in a six speed manual is heads and shoulders above the present stout A4 Corvette.

Ever considering buying an automatic corvette...maybe for heavy traffic or the spouse to share...I personally believe the 2006 and beyond are a good way to go...

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I got you, for some reason I thought you guys meant a 6 speed manual shift automatic. That is what I didn't understand the need for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts