Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with Hawthorne Chevy, Ramsey Chevy, or Paramus Auto Mall. I'm in the process of getting a 2002 Z06. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will Rick and thanks for the info today. I also have a Porsche '97 Cab with the lease up and some equity in the car ($46,300 payoff), so I'm exploring all my options. Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Why not go to Kerbeck in AC? Harry Boyer was my salesman for my 2002 Z06. Car came in on time, no hassles and they have the best allocation.
Regards,
Scott Mullen
Phila., PA

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Kerbeck's in Atlantic City had all colors Z06's in stock and was selling them for at least $500 under MSRP when I checked a week ago.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Maybe it's just me but I have a problem with dealers making over $7000.00 profit on Z06's, now that is at MSRP, $500.00 to $1000.00 off is a joke when we saw dealers giving 6k to 7k off the 01's so they did not get stuck with them. If they sell 7,000 Z06's that is 50 million profit for the dealers alone, that is why the 02' Z06 is not in my sig, I am going over to the dark side. :(

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Carl have you bought a house lately? I wonder how much the developer who has 2 to 3 hundred homes in a sub. made on the deal. How about a boat, no telling how much profit in them. We are puting up a new dealership and the comp. Co. wants $150,000.00 for the sys. think they are some profit in that. The phone sys. is $30,000.00 I bet someone is making a ton there. I know this is a site about Z06s, but why knock a dealer for making a profit when it is going to cost us $5,000,000.00 just to build a dealership before any overhead. Everthing we buy has profit in it if it didn`t the co. couldn`t stat in business. JMHO:)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Rick, I am building a 7000 square foot house at this time, I also have a boat, what is your point? I am my own general contractor on the home that I am building saving myself over 300k, when I purchased my boat I shopped around because times are not that good and if you have cash you can usually deal, and I found someone willing to sell me the boat I wanted at 60k cheaper that another dealer, the same exact boat. I was a business owner for many years and I have nothing against a business making a profit, that is why your in business, I do have a problem with car dealers charging above sticker price, as well as near sticker price but as the market softens and the economy get worse there will be better deals, the Viper people are offering me a very good price on a 02' Viper, it's just tough after owning 7 Vettes to make the change, but after getting discounts of at least $3500 off every Vette I ever bought I will not settle for less, it's just the principle of it with me. :)

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
My point is this. You are a business man and you should know that at the end of the year after EVERYTHING has been paid and a dealer comes away with a 5% profit on GROSS sales, then he has had a hell of a year. We all have the choice to buy what we want. If you have a problem with a dealer making $7000 on a Z06 then buy a base Cavalier they only have 4 or 5 hundred profit in them. I am sure most will not beleive this, but the vast % of dealers are making very little profit now with this econ. I know my year to date is off by 30% this year. No flames intended.

·
Registered
81 Posts
RockClimber said:
Does anyone have any experience with Hawthorne Chevy, Ramsey Chevy, or Paramus Auto Mall. I'm in the process of getting a 2002 Z06. Thanks.
I live in Northern NJ and know all the dealers you mentioned....Paramus Auto Mall will only deal at MSRP.....they had a 2001 MY Z06 on their showroom in June that I would have bought but they wouldn't budge off MSRP while other dealers were offereing $4K off on other colors.

Hawthorne Chevrolet is actually owned by the same people as Paramus. They are willing to deal a little more than Paramus, but not by much. In fact, it is a point of contention between the management of the two dealerships.

I know the owners of Ramsey and that is another problem entirely. They have almost no allocation but they will tell you they do and assure you they can get the car. Then, after a couple of months you will still probably have no TPW and you will start getting fed up.

Just my $0.02 on the above referenced dealers.

If you want to deal with some real quality people who are "straight shooters", let me know. I ordered both my Z's from a dealer 25 minutes from Paramus....and they were great to deal with. You can probably get the car (except MY) for between $700 and $1200 off MSRP.

Send me a PM if you have any questions

Good luck,

CD

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
You can get the same disc from me as well. And I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone on this Forum that says I do not shoot strait with everyone. Sorry guy woke up with a head ech this morning. Carl I am sorry if I offended you I will go take some advil. Took Franks advise last night and:guiness:

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Rick, I am not an easy person to offend, and no you did not offend me in the least, I was not directing my posts toward you in anyway, I have never done business with you or know anyone who has said anything negative about you, I am just having a problem with some dealers who think a Z06 is something other than a Chevy, a good Chevy, but still a Chevy and thinking we should pay a higher percentage to buy that car. They were doing the same with the convertible Vette's several years back and now most dealers that I have talked to are discounting 02's 3k to 4k without even pushing them. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts