Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone familiar with the new 05 Lingenfelter Commemorative C6? They are only making 25 of them. You must order the car new (limited option/color choices) and it will be is drop shipped from Bowling Green to Ling. They are doing a TT 725 HP 427 with special seating, badges, brakes, etc. and some body features. The price is likely to be around $125-130k, but with only 25 ever being made. 1 for each year that John Lingenfelter ran the company.

0-60 3.2
1/4 9.5 :eek:
top 235mph estimated

Orderning now should be available by June. With the z taking so long to order, would anyone else think this is a good alternative? Obviously it is more expensive, but when compared to other supercars with those specs, it isn't THAT bad. :blush: Remember, all this from the factory with warranty..

Am I crazy? :screwy:
thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
If I had the money I would go with the Lingenfelter set up, you would have a 1 of 25 :thumb: and more performance then the new Z.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I tend to agree.

They would become collectible over time to some extent and should therefore hold their resale better than most down the road.

Pat

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Wow :thumb: :thumb:

Wish I could play in that playground!!

Exclusivity and brand recognition and performance to humble the new C6Z!

If you can afford it - go for it!! :zboobie:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it is pretty tempting. I sold my 02Z in anticipation of the c6z, and this seems even more appealing. It isn't like you'd ever get into the tops of these performance capabilities anyways, but just knowing it's there, is exciting...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Howdy!

Yeah, when I spoke to John @ Caravaggio, he said he was doing some really tricked out race style seats for those cars, so it sounds like the interiors will be really nice too!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Obviously it is more expensive, but when compared to other supercars with those specs, it isn't THAT bad. :blush: Remember, all this from the factory with warranty..

thanks,[/QUOTE]
I highly doubt gm is backing that drive train. "After the oil change, could you check the boost pressure?".

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
It will be interesting to see how many that they make with the new C6 Z06 in the picture. IMO they will sell less than 10. That will make them worth something 30 years from now. :cheers:

·
Registered
73 Posts
blu byu said:
Is anyone familiar with the new 05 Lingenfelter Commemorative C6? They are only making 25 of them. You must order the car new (limited option/color choices) and it will be is drop shipped from Bowling Green to Ling. They are doing a TT 725 HP 427 with special seating, badges, brakes, etc. and some body features. The price is likely to be around $125-130k, but with only 25 ever being made. 1 for each year that John Lingenfelter ran the company.

0-60 3.2
1/4 9.5 :eek:
top 235mph estimated

Orderning now should be available by June. With the z taking so long to order, would anyone else think this is a good alternative? Obviously it is more expensive, but when compared to other supercars with those specs, it isn't THAT bad. :blush: Remember, all this from the factory with warranty..

thanks,

v :jammin:

725 Horsepower 427 CID Intercooled Twin Turbo
One time limited production of 25 cars

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, Inc. we will be producing a special one time offering of the new C6 Corvette twin turbo.

Vehicle Specifications
2005 C6 Corvette - Coupe or Convertible
Color choice of: Black or Victory Red exterior with Ebony or Cashmere interior
6 Speed manual transmission
Z51 Option package: Engine oil cooler, transmission oil cooler
Z51 springs, sway bars and shocks
Navigation system

European specification vehicles are also eligible to be included in this series

Lingenfelter package inclusions
725 horsepower 427 CID Lingenfelter intercooled twin turbo package
Lingenfelter C6 Corvette exhaust system by Corsa
Lingenfelter custom aluminum wheels
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires
Upgraded brake system
Custom Lingenfelter leather seats & steering wheel
Unique body enhancements including: Hood, front spoiler
side skirts and rear bumper cover
Special commemorative emblems and serial numbering

For specific details on engine package click here

To be included in the commemorative edition series, all cars must be ordered specifically for this Lingenfelter package as specified above. Vehicles with other options can not be substituted and this package will be installed only on new vehicles. Corvette's will be drop shipped to Decatur, Indiana from Bowling Green, Kentucky.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
F430,
Good point. When I spoke directly with Lingenfelter, they explained that the 3/36 warranty would stay in place from GM, excluding the drive train. The 427 will have a 2/24 warranty from Lingenfelter, but not the trans or rear-end.

ITL-go,
Thats good news about the seats from Carag... They said there are special seats, steering wheel, shift handle and interior # badging.

They are only doing 25, black or red exterior, black or cashmere interior. #7, 8 & 25 have been ordered. They are still taking orders for the remaining 22 and you can pick your unit serial #... The car does have larger tires and wheels, from HRE, I believe.

You can see the car at www.Lingenfelter.com. It is right on top with 2 pictures and extensive details...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks "Corvettez06", you've got it right there for all to see.

How do you guys feel about the looks????? Remember this will be about $55k more than a c6z, and about $75k more than a new c6. Do you think the c6z is more than enough @ 500/475, and carbon fiber, aluminum, brakes, dry sump oil, etc.... or is this thing worth going after?

thanks,

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey all you creative people, now that there is a photo in this link, can any of you please photoshop/chop? it to show the 2 photos of the car in black? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
John

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
blu byu said:
Hey all you creative people, now that there is a photo in this link, can any of you please photoshop/chop? it to show the 2 photos of the car in black? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
John
John,
I'm sorry I have the black photo, but I do not know how to do the photo-chopping stuff.

See Ya,
M.O.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
blu byu said:
Thanks "Corvettez06", you've got it right there for all to see.

How do you guys feel about the looks????? Remember this will be about $55k more than a c6z, and about $75k more than a new c6. Do you think the c6z is more than enough @ 500/475, and carbon fiber, aluminum, brakes, dry sump oil, etc.... or is this thing worth going after?

thanks,
What do you plan to do with the car? If you're going to drive it quite a bit, I'd hold off for the new Z. If you're going to park it, this car will certainly hold value better than a new Z later down the road.

I can't believe someone didn't pick serial #1. That's definitely what I'd pick if I had my choice!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would have thought #1 and #25 would have gone quickly, too. The Lingenfelter rep agreed. The cost of the car is $49700 and the Ling pkg is estimated @ $76,000 bringing the total cost to around $125-130k. $10,000 deposit now, 50% when car arrives, rest @ completion...

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
If you got the money, go for it. Since it's a collectible, you don't want to drive it. If I got it I wouldn't be able to help myself - I'd be out in it all the time!

Let us know what you decide. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts