Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you people visit the Index page, to make it easier for you, there is a username and password box for you to log-in. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I have no idea how this looks in Netscape. And I don't mean to offend Netscape users but I'm starting not to care /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I HATE having to deal with Netscape's inadequacies, and with 89% of us using IE, it's hardly worth the effort.

Sorry, had to vent /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If you use Netscape, consider switching to IE, your browsing experience will be faster and more enhanced.

JC

·
Registered
906 Posts
I live less than 300 yards from Bill Gates office & the Microsoft MegaCampus®... I refuse to use that Internet (Ford?) Explorer!!!! I like the Netscape (LINCOLN!) Navigator!!

...well I guess I'll have to go over to the dark side...

HarleyB /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

'01 Quicksilver/Black Z06 •SilverShark•

Throttle Depressed. Driver Very Happy.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would be great if all the guests would log in. That would encourage more interaction with the Private Messaging when you see your Buddies online. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I exclusively use Netscape and have only seen a problem with the registry page, colors for the hot links were the same color as the back ground. If I start to see problems and you decide to only support MSIE then I will have to stop using the site. I use very few MS products and even then they cause me far more loss of productivity than they are worth. The never ending crashes and rebooting the PC on a daily basis is counter productive. I haven't rebooted my Sun machine in over 6 months and then that was to install a new version of the OS. In my work environment MS doesn't mean MicroSoft, it means Mostly Shit. The only real operating system is Solaris by Sun Microsystems. Anyway, so far the site is viewable with Netscape.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Well 2K1, I have already given up supporting Netscape, but as I am an old time coder, old habits die hard, so you will always be able to view the site in Netscape, but it'll never be as pretty as IE.

As I write this, looking at the stat log, 92.4% of browsers hitting all of my sites
(combined) are IE 4 or 5. With the intro of Windows XP, this number will surely increase.

No hard feelings buddy, but as my time is limited in maintaining all of my sites, I have to go the less painful route.

Don't worry though, this site will never become unviewable....

Take care,
JC

·
Registered
6 Posts
I run both NS and IE on a200 MHZ Mac clone, running Apple OS 8.1. What I gather is 'single pixel' backgroundloading on this site causes incredibly slow page loads with NS, but is no problem at all with IE. I also have major page loading hangups all the time on the CF with NS, and relatively few with IE. I guess the choice is becoming clear.

My only concern is that I really like the NS e-mail and newsgroup structure and have no idea what it's like with IE. I think I've read that I'll need an e-mail client with IE and have to be sure I'll be able to transfer all my stored e-mails from NS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts