Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well it seems we will have a "Ricer" product on the car direct from the factory.

Hitachi beat out Delphi for the MAF subcontract.

Rather than a 'Hot wire" probe these appear to be a "heated foil" type and appear to slide in like a computer card.

The closest pic/example I could find is at the Motodyne site.
(The blondes ain't bad either)

www.motodyne.com

Click ON "A4"

then select "12 valve 2.8L" or

http://www.motodyne.com/frames/audi_a412v.html

scan down to the bottom of the page.

·
Registered
372 Posts
That's the same MAF (at least appears to be without going outside and checking) lots of new cars are coming with. Just off the top of my head, the Nissan Titan comes with it, along with the Mustang GT. Yeah, ricer part :roll:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They might be more efficient. The MAF's job is to measure the change (drop) in temperature of heated probe and convert that temperature drop into an air flow value. .....Ie. the greater the drop in temperature; the greater the airflow.

I am more concerned with the air resistance they have.

I think the electrical conections will be different so I am not sure that they will be an easy retrofit to '01 - '04's.

·
Registered
372 Posts
DJWorm said:
I am more concerned with the air resistance they have.

I think the electrical conections will be different so I am not sure that they will be an easy retrofit to '01 - '04's.
Actually, the pre-production pictures showed the Delphi MAF, with the dreaded '01 honeycomb screen installed again. So it looks like if they'd gone with the Delphi, we'd have that screen to contend with. Clearly the hotwire MAF benefits from the air-straightening properties of the screen (or the General probably wouldn't have switched back), whereas one would venture to guess that the Heated Foil MAF's are less sensitive to vorticity and such in the incoming flow. I say :thumb: to the new MAF.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts