Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This won't fly for just any car. A Z06 is something that will last a long time, considering that it is practically all aluminum. Nothing will rust and by previous LSX experience, the engine will last forever (the stock ones :p ). People tend to keep this car. So I say, why not offer a speciall 0% 8-yr finance plan. That way, the monthly payment will be less than $800 even if the car is priced at $75,000. To me, a working stiff, I will not buy a car that requires a monthly payment more than a small mortgage payment.

This probably won't work for a honda or a buick, but a Z06, I can see it a sound business idea. With the payment stretched out, more people would be able to afford it. GM will sell boat load of this car and have a more stable future. :z: The billionare who just bought a big chunck of shares of GM stock would be pretty happy too. :usa: :usa: Everybody wins!!!

As to the C6 owners who are worrying about the resale value of their cars, I say, screw them :flaming: . Who gives a sh!t about the resale value of the vette. We buy the damn car for fun not for investment. Maybe 100 years in the future, your great great grand kids will make a buck out of the darn vette when the world is full of nuclear powered cars. For now, lets hit the strips/tracks and blow the doors off the competition. :z: :z:

·
Registered
996 Posts
The problem isn't whether the car will last 8 years or not, but rather the depreciation value.

With financing, GM has to take care of cases like people defaulting on their payment. When they retake possession of the car, and it's only worth 70% of its original value while the buyer only payed 15%, GM (or any financing institution for that matter) takes it up the ass...

Plus 8 years financing without gaining a penny? I bet GM will fall for that one, considering their current money problems!!!

I know you were probably posting this in good fun, but I thought I'd let you know anyway :D

:cheers:
Geoff

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Some Credit Unions are currently offering 7 year car loans at 6.99%

You can always get a Home Equity for 10 years at @ 4.74% - 5.5%, currently

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
..and imagine the labor cost increase for the financing dept. It would cost GM more to labor your account for an extra 3 years (8 years instead of 5 years) with no finance charges. Nice idea, but I don't think that would fly.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Why would GM offer an incentive to move the new C6 Z06 which hasn't even released yet...

Usually incentives are saved more for "needy" vehicles..

I'll take a guess and say...GM will offer about a grand off incentive like DC does on the 300C just for its psycological (sp)benefits...

For those tight on cash(for a $75 grand car that is) ....I would not recommend an 8 year loan......

Better to buy something else.......

Of course its just my opinion...

(although if you really wanted the car even though you were considering a 8 year note on it.....and own a home and have the finances to handle the debt without concern.....? I'd suggest as others have a home equity loan...as at leasts its tax deductible interest) I really don't see GM offering a zero percent 8 year loan for the C6 Z06...

·
Registered
154 Posts
They can't even come up with a price for the damn thing. I say they give away free ones to all of us z06vette.com members, and write them off as promos. In return, I will wear a shirt that says "buy a new z06" ,for a year or so.

·
Registered
221 Posts
no offense (you know how this is going to go) you can't afford the car if you need an $800/month 8 year loan term...that's insane. Maybe GM should do rent-to-own!! Wait...isn't that called a lease!! ;)

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I would be happy with 0% at 36 months :lol:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess my attampt at tricking GM to take up the depreciating asset ain't working.;)

Affording the car is one thing, affording the depreciation of the car is always a big turn off about buying fun toys like the Z. I guess that's the price you have to pay for fun.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I agree.. if you are even considering a 8 year loan then you just can't afford the car. I wish people would stop trying to keep up with the Jones and enjoy their current Z. I'm still smiling when I drive mine 2 years later..

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Vettitude said:
They can't even come up with a price for the damn thing. I say they give away free ones to all of us z06vette.com members, and write them off as promos. In return, I will wear a shirt that says "buy a new z06" ,for a year or so.

I like this post!!!! :thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts