Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Why does the paddle shifter have a + on both sides? :-?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Cave Man said:
Why does the paddle shifter have a + on both sides? :-?
Because its not a good paddle like a Ferrari or M3 -- its a crap one like in the BMW Z3/3 series SMG....

Pull towards you to go from 1-2 and away to 2-1.... :eek2:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Thanks for the pics! :D Looks just like the Z06's tooling around Bowling Green at the Fest. :yeadog:

Saw silver, red, velocity yellow, black, blue, dsom. And they all looked awesome! :thumb:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
MSiska said:
Saw silver, red, velocity yellow, black, blue, dsom. And they all looked awesome! :thumb:
I got to say it again. The Z06 looks great any color. I'd even take one in primer. :z:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Nikko said:
Just a guess of course, but I think we'll see a paddle shift on the Z06 in '07 or '08 ...
Don't think so...but I have been out of the loop for awhile. There is a huge difference between an automatic tranny with the ability to choose gears and a semi-auto sequential gearbox(ie. SMG or the F1 box Ferarri uses). The auto tranny will always be ....an auto tranny. Whereas the SMG type boxes are a sequential box with an automatic clutch. They are more complicated and somewhat more expensive. Audi has an SMG that holds some promise. They offer it on the A3 which is priced in the 30s. SO who knows but I somehow doubt it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts