Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, yeah that's right....I have a Cobra! That being said...I am very interested in getting a new z06 when they come out and have a few questions I was hoping someone might be able to help me with:

If available...will I be able to get one between $65,000-$70,000?

Will the new z06 be "bolt-on" friendly (with the Cobra you can bolt on as much power as you can handle at a fairly cheap price...all things considered)?

When do you see them being available?

Moderators, I realize this is probably in the wrong forum but noticed the most action here and most recent...please let it hang for a little bit before moving.

Thanks! :cheers:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome. From what I heard they are going to sticker around $70k but the dealers are going to mark them up big time. Expect to see them selling for $80k or more. Same thing happened with the Ford GT. They were $133k and selling for $150k to $200k. Hopefully you have luck in finding what you are looking for. Don't forget to post the pics......

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Welcome darksider. The price of the new Z is the 10,000 dollar question. Yes you can bolt on as much as you can afford, but it's more expensive then what your used to. I don't think the new z will need much to be very nasty.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Welcome to the site!

A guy in town has a Cobra with upper/lower pulleys, intake, full exhaust, ported blower, and some other stuff. It's a drivers race...otherwise the cars are neck and neck. :thumb:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
1268Cobra said:
Have any of you guys encountered a Cobra...if so, how did you fare?
Win some lose some. Stockers are not much of a challenge.
The problem is not a whole lot stockers running around, mostly because they are so easy (inexpensive) to mod. :roll:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah...you could mod them pretty inexpensively compared to Vettes. I belong to a few Ford/SVT sites and the response is similar...win some lose some (depends on the mods on both cars). Are your z06's modded?

My power mods are: 2.93 pulley and 4 idlers, Steeda CAI, Predator Tune, Borla c/b, MRT catted h, JBA shortie headers (mostly under the curve...but it helps get the heat out of the engine bay)[email protected] $2,600. I have a bunch of other complimentary mods as well as visual ones.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I had a 03 Cobra coupe with 529rwhp SAE that had a host of mods. I got rid of it for my 04 Z. The Z puts the power down much better (less wheel spin and better weight transfer) than the Cobra does. It doesn't have the etremely clunky IRS or the or the rattle-box post Fairmont chassis either. If you ever start driving the Z you'll never look back... although... I do miss the blower whine and the gobs of unending torque (530 rwtq SAE) of the Cobra. You're pockets have to be much deeper with the Z to get horse power gains.. All said, it's the best move I ever made..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
undy said:
I had a 03 Cobra coupe with 529rwhp SAE that had a host of mods. I got rid of it for my 04 Z. The Z puts the power down much better (less wheel spin and better weight transfer) than the Cobra does. It doesn't have the etremely clunky IRS or the or the rattle-box post Fairmont chassis either. If you ever start driving the Z you'll never look back... although... I do miss the blower whine and the gobs of unending torque (530 rwtq SAE) of the Cobra. You're pockets have to be much deeper with the Z to get horse power gains.. All said, it's the best move I ever made..
Yeah...I hear ya. Not overly impressed with the ride as well...ordered MM coilovers all the way around and 005 rear shocks. You are correct on the torque....headers really help in this area under the curve!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nutbush said:
Welcome! Glad to have you. Have you ever run your cobra at the strip....and if so what is your best time. :cheers:
Thanks! No, I haven't and don't plan to....not really into the strip.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
1268Cobra said:
Hello all, yeah that's right....I have a Cobra! That being said...I am very interested in getting a new z06 when they come out and have a few questions I was hoping someone might be able to help me with:

If available...will I be able to get one between $65,000-$70,000?

Will the new z06 be "bolt-on" friendly (with the Cobra you can bolt on as much power as you can handle at a fairly cheap price...all things considered)?

When do you see them being available?

Moderators, I realize this is probably in the wrong forum but noticed the most action here and most recent...please let it hang for a little bit before moving.

Thanks! :cheers:

Your still welcomed here! Hope you get that Z06 - best of luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JoeS said:
Your still welcomed here! Hope you get that Z06 - best of luck.
Thanks...we'll see when they come out! I have a good friend who owns a large Chevy dealership here and would hope to get a decent deal....HOPE is the opperative word LOL!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts