Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I took delivery of my first American Sportscar Thursday 1/17/02,
02 Black/ModRed Z06. I have always owned imports, still own a 2000 Porsche Boxter. I can't believe how incredible the Z is, the Porsche will be driven a lot less from now on. I will hit 500 miles with my Z06 this weeekend and then the real fun will begin.

Based on feedback I've gotten from this forum I've purchased the Zaino products, time permitting I will be Zainoed this weekend. Any hints?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Vintage,

Welcome to the Forum and congrats on the new Z! My own experience with a Black Z, as with all colors, is to be careful to avoid scratching the clear coat when washing, waxing ect.

Make sure the car is rinsed of all dirt prior to washing. If you drop any towels or washing mits on the ground, don't use them anymore to avoid any dirt trapping in the towel/mit. Use soft 100% cotton towels when drying or removing wax.

Enjoy your car, black is a striking color, especially when it's just been waxed. :)

Wait to you hit 500 + miles! :eek:

Mark

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. Already bought the Fieldcrest towels, $72.00 for 3 Bath and 2 Wash, I figure it will be worth it.:eek:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Even though the car is NEW, I'd use the claybar very gently first. Did with my EB, and love the results. It really picks up all the trash on the paint surface and doesn't hurt anything as long as you are gentle (and turn the clay often). ;)

Joe:D

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
In addition to the above, be very patient after applying the Z1/Z2 .. the combination of the two takes a long time to dry thoroughly, and if you take it off too soon, it smears. If you're using ZFX, then this won't be an issue.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Welcome Vintage..... great choice for your first American sports car! :cheers:

As if there was a choice..... the Corvette is America's only true sports car. ;)

Enjoy the new car and this forum.... :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and the Zaino hints.

I will look to my fellow New Enlgand members to keep me posted to the events scheduled in the area this spring. I am looking forward to attending as many as possible:z:

·
Registered
347 Posts
:z:
Greetings and Welcome.

I was a newbie a year ago. I got my second Z Saturday. Now I am a newbie again.

You have definately come to the right place to hang out...

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Vintage53,
Welcome to the forum! I also have an '02 Black Mod/Red Z06, and I am a vintage 53 too! (born 4-10-53) Enjoy the Z and the forum, youv'e come to the right place!:cheers:

carzzy

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Vintage,

Welcome to the forum, the number of members in the great Northeast continues to grow, lloking forward to meeting you at a springtime event.

If you need an answer to something regarding the Z, this is the place to ask, all sorts of experience and knowledge here.

Again, welcome aboard...
Mark

·
Registered
514 Posts
Welcome Aboard Bro!

I had been ruined for a 911 for the longest time. Had a 99 Six Speed Coupe, just sold it.

Decided to order the Z. Ever since ordering and hanging out in this forum, I've forgotton all about the Porsche...!!

Excellent choice and welcome aboard.

:cheers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts