Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just acquired a beautiful 2002 z06 with a AA installed Vortech supercharger. What an incredible car.
Bought it for 4-6 times a year track days and weekend fun. I am going to go with a square setup 18 x 10.5 with 295.30.18's
Waiting on upgrading the front brakes until I have a little more seat time but for the moment I will be installing some Hawk pads, I will also hold off on a better radiator, an oil cooler and a oil control baffle until I am a little more comfortable with the car.
Any suggestions for some relatively inexpensive track-day tires to get my feet wet?
BTW, I am not a track newbee just a z06 one.

·
21,360 Posts
Welcome to the site. Guys in my car club look for scrubs from racing teams and get a huge discount compared to buying new tires. Ask around your local community or go to track days and you might find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Glad to have you with us martyh. If you end up having to by new tires, the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires work well on the track and are OK for the street except in the rain. Congrats on the Z. Mine was an 02 also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts