Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
htvette,

Welcome aboard, you must have good friends they steer you stright. Lotsa cool katz here great info and check our sister sites as well...........

:cool: :cheers:

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
htvette,

Welcome!! I have a couple of customers in Cn. and a good friend as well.:) Enjoy yourself and meet some great folks here.:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trade

Rick Daniel said:
htvette,

Welcome!! I have a couple of customers in Cn. and a good friend as well.:) Enjoy yourself and meet some great folks here.:D
I have some friends in the wrecking yard business here.

Do you have any Z06's for sale. I would like to trade mine in plus $6,000. I have 13,000 miles on mine.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Welcome to the best place you could come for Vettes!:cheers:

Make yourself at home and enjoy yourself. There's lots of neat stuff here and some really wonderful folks.

Take care,

ps. Trade you my ex-wife for your car and six-thousand dollars!:lol:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
htvette

Welcome, it's a great place, and a lot of great people...

Ernie

·
Registered
641 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD!

HTVette,

Welcome. I have a friend in Connecticut that has a wrecking yard also. He has a car collection which consists of a 1967 L88, 1990 ZR1, and a 1968 Roadrunner Hemi. Being you have friends in the wrecking yard business, I wonder if you know who I'm talking about, because I really don't want to mention any names.

Well, again, welcome. Great folks here......FatherLarry

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Welcome to THE forum ! You'll find lots of friends and great info here :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: WELCOME ABOARD!

fatherlarry said:
HTVette,

Welcome. I have a friend in Connecticut that has a wrecking yard also. He has a car collection which consists of a 1967 L88, 1990 ZR1, and a 1968 Roadrunner Hemi. Being you have friends in the wrecking yard business, I wonder if you know who I'm talking about, because I really don't want to mention any names.

Well, again, welcome. Great folks here......FatherLarry
Father Larry, are you thee father larry from National Speedway? I'm 55, so if you are about my age, then it could be you. Did you have a '55 or '57 egaser, and a '61 Biscayne-black? I know you ran the low '9s with them. I was from the Bronx originally, before I got married and used to race down at first ave in Brooklyn. Remember Mitchells? On the weekends we would head out to the island to National.

If you are the one, then you used to work with Tommy Ivel down at Foster Ave in Brooklyn where he used to build his rails. I hope I got the right guy. If so, this would be great. I do know the fellow you're talking about with the wrecking yard. His wife's a teacher and he just built a new home. He's got a nice 67.

:cheers:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Re: Re: WELCOME ABOARD!

htvette said:

Father Larry, are you thee father larry from National Speedway? I'm 55, so if you are about my age, then it could be you. Did you have a '55 or '57 egaser, and a '61 Biscayne-black? I know you ran the low '9s with them. I was from the Bronx originally, before I got married and used to race down at first ave in Brooklyn. Remember Mitchells? On the weekends we would head out to the island to National.

If you are the one, then you used to work with Tommy Ivel down at Foster Ave in Brooklyn where he used to build his rails. I hope I got the right guy. If so, this would be great. I do know the fellow you're talking about with the wrecking yard. His wife's a teacher and he just built a new home. He's got a nice 67.

:cheers:
Wow, a blast from the past! It's nice to run into some eastcoast people. Sorry I took so long to answer, but I have been helping out some dealers here with some fund raisers for the NYC firemen and policemen. Keeps me pretty busy. Yeah, I remember that E-Gaser. It was a '57, and the Biscayne was a black sedan, straight six. I got good numbers out of that one. And, Tommy, while he was on tour, one of his pitstops was in Brooklyn on Ralph and Foster Ave. I remember he had the jigs set up to make his chassis rails that he designed himself. And he always had four crates of Chrysler Hemis that were designed and modified by him, but built by Chrysler. I ran into him years back at the Macungie, Augst Fest. He didn't remember me at first, cause I was much much younger, but when I brought up Ralph and Foster Ave, and told him about the young welder that blew a hole in one of his seams, well then he remembered right away. We talked for hours. Also if you remember he had a glass trailer where you could see his rail, plus he had a mini rail next to it.

Well, this is great. Why don't you email me sometime, maybe we'll get together. I'll be up in Connecticut in a few weeks, maybe we can meet somewhere....Father Larry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts