Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm not too impressed with this car. I think the Z06's look better for one thing, and I don't know why everyone is going nuts over the Blue Devil. Where are the specs on this car? As far as I know, it's a slightly lighter Z06 with 100 more HP for $100,000. What other differences does this car have to fill up that $35,000 buffer?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
um..i see a blue Z06 with black rims.

why is anyone calling this the blue devil without any kind of info to back it up?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
IMHO the blue devil and not the Z06 running 7:40 is not wishful thinking.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Lankhoss said:
I'm not too impressed with this car. I think the Z06's look better for one thing, and I don't know why everyone is going nuts over the Blue Devil. Where are the specs on this car? As far as I know, it's a slightly lighter Z06 with 100 more HP for $100,000. What other differences does this car have to fill up that $35,000 buffer?

What the hell are you talking about???? The cars look exactly the same!

·
Registered
469 Posts
KINGPIN said:
here is the front of both cars

the front slots look a bit different

kingpin

You have a picture of a pre-production model vs. the real thing.

Far more likely that the piece in the actual car is slightly different than that they are two different cars with only one distinguishing visual trait between them.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Just looks like a Z06 being tested to me. For 6 figures the BD better look alot different than that.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Jay2002WS6 said:
What the hell are you talking about???? The cars look exactly the same!

Maybe it's because the "regular" Z06's are all shined up and purdy in their pictures, and this one looks like it just got dropped off the transport truck after travelling 3,000 miles. I don't like the front fascia as well, although that isn't too bad. But those black wheels are HORRIBLY ugly.

My point wasn't to say that I thought there were HUGE differences in the two, but I do like how the Z06 looks better. Does anyone have any specs on this car other than a supercharged 600hp engine and around 2900lbs curb weight?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
The two cars may look alike, but the front fascia is different. The bottom has air intake vents. The standard Z06 does not. I don't think GM would bring out a completely different body to test the infrastructure/mechanics of the Blue Devil.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
This is a joke, right? This is a blue C6 Z with black wheels. That is all that is!!! Either this Bluie Devil crap has got to stop, or GM better start advertising and letting us in on how this car is any different than the C6 Z06 other than the 100 hp.

I mean, the C6 Z06 is 25K more than the base C6 but there is MANY characteristics that the C6 Z06 has that the C6 doesn't. So, if this is indeed the BD and it looks the way it does (IDENTICAL to the C Z06) than GM better dump it off the cliff!!.. :bmad:

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
We all know GM is very tight lipped about any R & D. We also know the Blue Devil project has been rumored for some time now. A year ago an artists concept drawing photo, apparently taken from inside GM's prototype dept., was leaked out. The body styling was slightly differnt than the C6 Z06 and the rear wheels where huge with deep dish rims.

I agree if the Blue Devil is to become reality it must look more distinguished vs the C6 Z06 and provide some extra techno goodies for a $100K price tag.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am just posting what I see and read.
Personally, I thing it is the Z, not the blue devil.
I dont think that what looks like a partitioned vent in the front warrants
it to be the B.D..

kingpin

·
Registered
296 Posts
Come on guys, this is a BLUE Z06, PERIOD! The idiots at Autocar has mistaken it for the Blue Devil, which I gaurantee you will not be out until at least 1 year from now. Why would GM trump its own much touted Z06 release with a better edition. This is so obviously a mistake by the usual inedequate and bungling mass media.

Let's see, it's Blue and it's devlishly fast, so let's call it the Blue Devil. Damn idiots. :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
It is amazing how the SAME car has now been photographed by 3 magazines, and with each article the stor gets more and more unbelieveable.. :) hehehe

By next week there will be a road test of the Blue Devil published complete with diagrams and incar video... :rolleyes:

GM would have to be complete and utter morons to not only take the C6 Z06 to the Nurburgring for test 'n tune - but also the car that will out perform the C6 Z06 - then ONLY run the future car and take a time.

This would help sell the not even released C6 Z06 how exactly?

All that would do is PROVE that GM was about to screw every 1st year C6 Z06 owner over - the same way they did with 1st year C4 ZR1 and C5 Z06 buyers.

With that in mind, it would be a clear statement that GM was making - clearly stating that they think every one of their customers is a sucker and an idiot - because the C6 Z06 that is going to change hands for $80K+ (including markups etc) is going to be outclassed before the lease is up ;)

So - anyone else really think that GM is going to take the next "King of the Hill" and show it publicly before they have even sold a single copy of the latest "King of the Hill"?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts