Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've read about the exhaust jingle and the service bulletin to fix it. as long as the jingle isn't any problem, i'll just leave it, don't like the idea of cutting into my new (to me) car. second, the only things 21 century found when looking it over, was the leaking rear differential, this is a warranty fix? i mean actually fix, or will it just start leaking again after they fix it. car is still under factory warranty, they told me til 8/15/05, but i would like to double check that info.
3rdly, went to autozone to pickup some chrome lug nuts, my car has the stock wheels chromed. noticed that they had several different sizes, in sets of four. so, what size to i need to pick up? thanks again guys, appreciated all the insight!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
As for you diff, mine leaked and got fixed a while back, now it leaks again(small leak) and I will take it back to fix that before warranty is over :sneaky:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Leaky diff is REAL common. Mine pretty much leaked new... got it fixed under warranty with less than 2K miles on the clock. It was in the shop for a weird noise from the rear a few weeks ago and the tech said it was leaking again... so got it fixed a second time. From what I've heard it's a common problem and getting it "fixed" doesn't guarantee that it won't ever leak again.

One tip, when you take it in for the repairs, make sure they completely flush/drain the fluid and add the appropriate amounts of syn fluid as well as the LSD additive. Apparently the cause of my weird noises was the fact that the additive / fluid mix was not in the right proportions. I guess the first time they repaired it, they just topped off with the syn fluid???

Not sure what to tell you about the lugs, I'm sure someone can help you. :guiness:

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Had my diff seal replaced under warranty last nov. few miles since then, but so far ok.
pitch on nuts is 12 x 1.25 i think from reading here (recent thread here - search on lug)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks...yes we have five, i meant only one locking lug per wheel comes with most sets i've seen. on that note, autozone has rally chrome locking nuts for 4.99...12X 1.25, guess i'll just pick those up, i really can't see spending $20 on the GM ones, if they do the same thing. also, noticed autozone has Morse ceramic pads for $37.99 for the front set. have seen one member posts that he runs the autozone morse ceramics and they're perfectly fine. any ideas on how much pep boys raybestos quiet stops go for? is it worth the extra $$ ? also, anyone have info on that exhaust jingle i mentioned, any thing harmful at all about it, or just kinda annoying?

thanks again guys.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Leaking diff is covered under warranty.
Make sure they seal it with aeromatic sealer...or it will just be a matter of time before it leaks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts