Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am repainting my car. The new body parts were painted and are not matching up right, color wise. The quality of the paint on the new peices is much better than the factory paint and with all that has happened I have decided to do this right and if the paint job will be the weak point then I'll just take care of that now.

I want to stay with the white. I will either go with the original Speedway White or a custom Pearl White color. I am also thinking about doing a reverse Grand Sport look ... White car with a Red GS stripe. It is even being suggested that I go with Speedway White and Pearl Ghost flames or a Pearl stripe.

Any thoughts, suggestions or opinions would be appreciated. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I like the caddy pearl alot, not to fond of the grand sport type strip on a Z06, but that's just me. Glade it comeing together for you. The leval of mods your doing never go alltogether smoothly, but GEEEZZZZZ. Good luck. Ric

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I have always loved the bright white found on the C4 vettes. Was it called Arctic white? I like it much much better than the "off white" or speedway white. I would do a solid color in the bright white. But thats me :)

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I'm sure I would do the car in a White Pearl. Something that could be repaired on the Island when you get it home should the need arise. I know you are adding some body parts which will be the accent pieces, but until I saw the finished car I would have to wait on the flames or stripes. I think they would have to be something subtle as to not overpower the Pearl.

Just my .02.

Pat :)

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I'd stay away from a pearl paint. You'll never get the paint to rematch if you ever need to do a touch-up.. Sounds like it's comming along great!!! Jayson at MTI knows his shit!! They built my brothers Z28's 396 blown strocker motor!!!:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I prefer the solid colors. A lot easier to match if anything happens. Ghost flames would be nice, but what color on the white?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
No M

STAY with the stock color............you have ONE of ONLY 352 ever made.................:cool:
Just have them do it BETTER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:D

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Bill, when I had my SW Z I was tempted many times to do Torch Red Striping. I think it would lok great!:cool:

Thanks for sharing the whole experience with us both good & bad. Your story has been discussed over several family dinner conversations with my 2 teenage sons and I think they learned how a real gentleman conducts his personal business in a classy mannor.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Holiday Season.

Fubu/Les:cool:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
What if....

Thinking about doing this. I would want the flames to go all the way to the rear of the car though. And start the whole nose in candy red as a place for the flames to start. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Id say whatever choice you make in the paint, its going to look great regardless. So go for whatever ya want!

·
Registered
787 Posts
I'd do Diamond White. Don't worry about "stock". If you still have the car in 30 years, then you can repaint it the factory color. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It looks like I will be going with a Speedway White repaint accented with Pear White ghost flames. The plate is goin to read WYT-HOT :D :D

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
No Mercy! said:
It looks like I will be going with a Speedway White repaint accented with Pear White ghost flames. The plate is goin to read WYT-HOT :D :D
Word Brutha!!!!:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Dan Farmer

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Thw Spdwy White/ Ghost Flames sound great. Car will appear all white until the light hits it a certain way.Maybe add a little red pearl? Here is another shot with the flames all the way to the rear quarters.Working with the flames off a 34 Ford Coupe, so not happy with the pattern off the front fender line. ;)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts