"Previous Vettes
1985 white Corvette coupe(auto)
1998 Silver Corvette coupe (M-6)
2000 NBM Corvette Coupe (M-6)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Fastdog:

Gotta be the driver, right? Great time from those mods.

------------------

Quicksilver Z06

·
Registered
528 Posts
fastdog,
Excellant run./ubb/smilies/biggrin.gif What was your 60' time ?

------------------
Mark's Web Site

01 Z06 MY/BLK,Zaino,Lowered,Ripper - No time slips yet
92 RS ProStreet Camaro (454) - Best E.T to date 10.15 @ 136 mph (all throttle no bottle)

G

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PA_Z06:
fastdog,
Excellant run./ubb/smilies/biggrin.gif What was your 60' time ?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
1fastdog 2K FRC
[email protected]

G

·
0 Posts
Went down to Bradenton Motorsports Park (formerly Desoto Memorial Dragway) last night. My previous personal best was [email protected] done in 12 degree cooler weather and a cooler temp pass on the motor.

Last evening, in 61 degree temps at high humidity, I turned a [email protected] I'm very pleased how the FRC runs with minimal mods.
I attribute this latest improvement to the real weight savings and perhaps a small HP gain from the Titanium exhaust, but the votes are still out on any HP improvement, at best maybe a 4-6 hp gain. Perhaps the exhaust may flow a bit more in the future as they "break in". They had 1000 miles on them when they made their way to me... and I really don't know if Titanium will cure as Stainless or aluminized steel often will.

I weighed the car with 1/4 tank indicated- 3125lbs. I weigh 210, so the passes were at approx 3340, accounting for clothes and rather heavy jacket. All in all I'm on the right track with the car, I think, and very pleased, I know.

1fastdog
2K FRC mods: Halltech LS900 Donaldson filter element, Halltech Cobra filter bridge, functional Z06 front screens, Z06 Titanium exhaust. Everything else is the way she came from Bowling Green with the exception of a Momo shift knob...which really isn't a mod... it's a necessity. /ubb/smilies/smile.gif

------------------
1fastdog 2K FRC
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by 1fastdog (edited 02-03-2001).]

·
Registered
0 Posts
Dog,

You've got that Hardtop smokin!! Nice runs...CONGRATS!!! /ubb/smilies/cool.gif

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

G

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Y2K FRC:
1fastdog, those are some great times. Can you tell us how you launched the car?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stage shallow. Rev to 2800rpm. Last amber comes on, bring the clutch up in about a 1.0-1.5 second process, accelerator pedal is brought on to WFO as the clutch is nearly 100% engaged. The clutch should be comming up faster as the top of the travel is reached, the gas applied in a downward motion in a mirror fashion. Think of it as an exaggerated version of leaving from a stoplight.

You "slip" the clutch to lauch in normal traffic to avoid stalling, leaving quickly is done best the same sort of way, rather than a violent "dump" because the tires and suspension won't tolerate it...I see pulling down the 60' time is very much the same process. This, of course, is one layman's opinion.

I think 1.8's-1.9's in the 60' are possible with practice and a cooperative track surface.

Believe me, I'm no expert at drag racing. Roadracing is my experience. Maybe some drag race experts will set us all straight on this. Roadracing is usually quicker done smoothly, so I figure drag racing on street tires is best approached smoothly too.

It's a lot easier to do and "feel" than it is to describe.

------------------
1fastdog 2K FRC
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by 1fastdog (edited 02-03-2001).]

·
Registered
219 Posts
Go Dog Go!! /ubb/smilies/biggrin.gif

------------------
QS/Black - Stock Z06
99 Z28
70 LT1 T-Top