Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let any of you road racers out there about a new road racing series. It's call American V8 Supercar Series. New this year, and is a bridge between pro racing, and grassroots. visit the site, www.av8ss.com for more info. They just had a race at Nashville SuperSpeedway this past weekend. Also, they are sponsored by Nitto Tires. just figured I'd let you guys know.

·
Registered
168 Posts
AV8SS said:
Is anyone interested in this?
I am currently in the process of finishing my car ( 1986 Camaro IROC-Z ) for the NASA AIX series. I'll be running the Mid-Atlantic/Virginia Region mainly. I assume my car will be able to cross over to AV8SS. If so, I'll be at a couple next year hopefully! :thumb:

·
Registered
602 Posts
All the good racing programs seem to be east of the Rockies.

Does anyone know of any Z06 compatible racing programs in the Southern California area?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Interested. Just stopped doing wheel to wheel two years ago till my son get's a little older.
I would be all over this though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sleeper02Z06 said:
I am currently in the process of finishing my car ( 1986 Camaro IROC-Z ) for the NASA AIX series. I'll be running the Mid-Atlantic/Virginia Region mainly. I assume my car will be able to cross over to AV8SS. If so, I'll be at a couple next year hopefully! :thumb:
Just a little FYI, we were in the AI and AIX for 2 years. It seemed to be going downhill. NASA just seems to want to hoard the money to themselves. It was fun racing, don't get me wrong....but when someone promised to hand you back $300 bucks a racer if you had x amount of cars show up, and then when x amount of cars show up and you don't get paid, that tends to piss some people off. I think turnout is down too. I was told by the old AI and AIX director (who now runs AV8SS) that the last race had 9 or so cars turn out. This includes AI, AIX, HPDE etc.....9 cars.....AV8 is averaging twice that. Plus, 1st place is paying $900 as of last race. I'm not knocking NASA, but it seems they're just not racer friendly anymore. The organizer seems to be out just for the paycheck. Anyways, you know how to get ahold of the AV8 director.

AND FYI, any 'vette from '64 and up can run. I think the newer (C4+) have to run unlimited due to shear tire size. But restrictions are few in that class. It'd be fun, and they offer open track events, just in case you guys wanna toy around.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Don't bad mouth the nasa directors. You don't know who is on this site and who there friends are.
:NoNo:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not bad mouthing them. I would just like to see NASA run a little better, as it is a great group of guys to run with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Olitho said:
All the good racing programs seem to be east of the Rockies.

Does anyone know of any Z06 compatible racing programs in the Southern California area?

I think you could run in the AIX West series, if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
The series will be the test for the new Nitto R2's model I forgot what the code is but they come out this summer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, I think the plan is to run the new NT-One's when they become available later this summer, but for right now they are running the R2's. Feedback on them is pretty good. Very similar to the Toyo Proxes RA-1's. One thing I did learn while driving on the R2's is slower seems to be faster. You can't overdrive the tires, or they'll turn into grease.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts