Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After running a long term test to see how well the stock PCM would accomadate the Heads/Cam Pkg. We reprogrammed the PCM to "Dial" everything in, to see the ultimate potential of the Z500 Pkg. The results... 446.9 RWHP & 418.4 RWTQ at peak. But more importantly, are the gains that were attained across the entire RPM band. The motor will spin 7200 RPM now. WOT @ 7000 RPM this thing has a Battle Cry from HELL!! The #'s are STD corrected, which is what Ed Wright normally uses. He is VERY knowledgable & was very meticulous in his work on my car. Ed was impressed with the results. He said that my car was the "Baddest" Heads/Cam car he's ever seen. After driving the car from Houston to Tulsa (600 miles) It was immediately loaded on the Dyno.We ran a Base-Line dyno, which I have included for comparison.
BTW, we averaged 24.4 MPG going & 25.9 MPG coming back after the tuning. The car idles & drive PERFECTLY, & is actually more refined than it was before.(And there wasn't anything wrong then.) The throttle response is even quicker & the car is notably quicker now. At least SOTP. I can't wait to get to the track.

NOTE: (For those that are gonna whine about SAE) Using the STD correction factor, the Base-Line pull was only +0.9 RWHP & -2.3 RWTQ different than my previous SAE Corrected Dyno results. HMS is moving locations right now & for comparison I will make some more Dyno(SAE) runs when the get settled.

We also made a N2O pull, but we couldn't hook up down low, so we punched it above 4000 RPM just to see if we gained anything. We put down 581.9 RWHP, a gain of 11.6 RWHP at peak over our previous pull. The RWTQ # was down a little from our previuos 688.1, which was at 3600 RPM. But that's because we didn't go WOT on the gas until about 4200 RPM. So I'm quite sure our previous RWTQ # could have been bettered.

I have posted the Dyno Graphs for your info.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Damn!! :eek:

Jon Paul, you need a bigger dyno sheet, the numbers are off scale!! :lol: Nice!! VERY NICE!! :D

Bro, get some video of that bad boy the next time you head to the track!! :cool: We'd love to show them to the members. :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
These are very impressive results, also I saw the article on your car on the Corvette .com web site. Was a very good article. You parked next to me at the Corvette drive in on Kuykendahl last month and I had just purchased my Z06 maybe I'll run in to you again would like to meet you and check this monster out.:z:

Z

·
0 Posts
How much money ? And how long did it take to complete the work. Can you give us some phone #s to call about the pkg.:)

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Darth, I hope you are about done modifying that bad boy. We are all playing some catch-up! Congrats!:cheers:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx guys

I'm gonna put in a Cartek Clutch shortly & then I'm gonna bump up the N20 to a 150 shot, i think that should hold 'em off for a while. :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Darth,,
That is one mean car...hope to get to see it one of these days ...just waiting for my Z to be built....I want to show it what it should be like when it grows up!!:cheers:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Darth,
What kind of nitrous kit did Hennessey put on your Z?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Z4life, The N20 kit we used is from Nitrous Express.

More info is available at www.Hennesseymotorsports.com

Those that may be interested in doing a Z500 or Z600 let me know. I've mentioned doing a Group deal to John & he was open to the idea.

·
Registered
105 Posts
JP: Was nice to meet you the other week at Velocity. Great ###s and Hope that the cartech clutch will do you well.
BTW do you happen to know the lift and duration on your cam that the Z500 pack has???? Hope to visit with you again...ZO6Bill:cheers:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Sounds good put damn these packages are alot more expensive the LPE's. The Hennessey Z500 is $12,500 and the LPE is $6,500 (but without headers, pulley, and other small bolt-ons).
That's a hell of alot of money on just a head and cam package isn't it.
Maybe being an ex poor guy who now can afford these toys keeps me grounded but hell thats a lot of cash.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
N4C5S, I mentioned it to him the other day.

Z06 Bill, Good to hear from you, I'm not sure of the specs on the Cam.

Silver Bullet, I'm not sure what othe rdifference there are between the 2 pkgs, but my Heads alone are over $3,000, I don't know if LPE's flow 318 CFM :eek: My headers(Belangers) are $1300, the pulley is $250 plus labor~$250( I guess??). Plus whatever other "small bolt-ons" might be. For a total of, say roughly. $5000 + $6500= LPE $11,500 vs. HMS $12,500

Now, that puts things a little more in perspective. & LPE isn't making that kind of power, I don't think.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, No Mercy, but your's is gonna be NUTS!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
RG in Dallas said:
Darth,

Not that you need anymore power:) Yeah right, but, do you think different injectors would get you some gains. I see recent talk here of RC injectors helping cars with more than intakes as mods. Has Hennesey investigated that option?

RG
RG, What's been up, buddy? The cars seem to run a litttle Lean from the factory, with the stock fuel curves. The bigger injectors are obvious;y creating more power because of the increased Fuel flow, using the stock parameters. I think that you can see the same gains with the stock inj.'s & simply increasing the fuel curve. When we dyno tuned my car, we ran a wide band 02 the whole time. My Air/Fuel ratio across the RPM band was perfect, even on the N20. We even ran a couple of pulls, Spiking the Fuel at various points to see if we were running out of injector. Everything seemed to be OK, although I think we are at the LIMIT of what's possible with the Stock injectors. anything more & we feel that a change would be warranted. We might try it just to see.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts