Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ya'll

I am thinking about buying some iforged rims. The only problem I have seen so much about the correct rim size, the correct wheel size, this is best for racing, this is best for performance. I am confused as to what I can put under a z06 without having anything rub or getting spacers.

My only suspension mod is bilstein sport shocks. Otherwise wheels are stock as well as tires. I know that 17 x 9.5 (front) and 18 x10.5 (rear) is stock. Should I deviate from these sizes and is there an advantage to it.

Thanks for any and I mean any feedback. Rims are expensive and I do not want to get it wrong.

-David

·
Registered
967 Posts
It would help if you outline what exactly your looking for in a new set of shoes.
Straight line traction, road racing, bling effect etc.....
Your goals will greatly effect which sized rims/tire combo will best suit your needs.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, sorry good point. Well b/c iforged wheels can be pricey at least for my budget I was thinking about keeping my stock F1s on for tires. But otherwise bling effect is out b/c I do not want some monsterous rims crammed under that I have to mod the car just to put on. Straight line traction is slighter higher on my priorities than road racing even though I do that also. Sorry if I sound picky, what do ya'll think would fit my needs (I mean wants :jammin: )

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
You cna easily fit an 11" under the rear with a 305/30-19 (Speaking form experience). I also know a couple of guys running 325's without problems.

If you're getting iForged wheels, you're going to want to keep them for your pimp mode. Use the stockers or a dedicate set of wheels and tires for the track. I would say if you're going to spend the coin, get at least 18/19's and make it pretty. If you need more info on iForged, feel free to drop me a line as I work with them quite a lot.

Aloha, Dave

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright this is sounding good 18 on the front and 19 on the rear. I don't think that I can afford to get new tires at the same time as new rims as these will cost me about 4 x $1000. So I may just stick with the stock 9.5 and 10.5 widths. Am I correct in the price for these rims hyper black with a polished lip? Thanks.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Width 10" on the Front 11" on the rear. Diameter 18/19 all 19's 19/20's whatever floats your boat. :z:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just as an FYI, the salesperson I spoke with at iforged indicated that they do not make a 17" rim - the smallest you can get from them is an 18" rim.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shop around such as Ebay or on the For Sale forum? Any other suggestions for places.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IT L GO quick question why 10 on the front and 11 on the back. Is this a handling issue, camber issue, or other?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do I need an offset for 18x10 and 19x11 FS Flux, and how much of the polished lip can I have before worrying about clearing the stock brakes? Thanks!

EFI-1 I e-mailed you.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, I sent a copy to each of those e-mail addresses. Hope it works.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
By the way I was looking at your pics on http://www.efiunlimited.com/ nice car. You have iForged aeros black with a polished lip right? How much of a lip is that?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
dezballs69 said:
IT L GO quick question why 10 on the front and 11 on the back. Is this a handling issue, camber issue, or other?
More a fitment issue. Anything wider on the front and the rims stick outside the fender. On the rear you can probably go to 11.5 before it starts to look hokey. :z:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya I can't get onto the site now. Too bad I can't remember what that lip looked like. Could you post a pic of it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Keeping the stock width on the front rim but increasing the width in the rear by .5 in will not create any hadling or camber issues will it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts