Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have found that GM has a new flash drive to update the shock valving in the dampers to a new spec. Dealer done for $350. Supposed to be much better than original and available to us all. Has anybody done this and advise results if you have. I'm planning to have it done

·
Registered
259 Posts
I read about this in one of the many magazines I read. My dealer had not heard of the update but looked into it when I was there for an oil change. It turned out that my 2016 Z06 had the latest update according to the service department. If it hadn't they were only going to charge $60.

·
Registered
2 Posts
More than likely the service department was referring to your car having the latest version of the standard calibration set up not the re-calibrated version announced at the 2017 SEMA show. That's what some other people have run into. Get the appropriate part number for the re-calibrated software from either here https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/attachments/c7-general-discussion/48252939d1518188040-gm-suspension-tune-upgrade-mrc-update.pdf
or here 2014 - 2016 Corvette: Chevrolet Performance - Corvette - Magnetic Ride Suspension Calibration Upgrade. Ask the service department if that version is on your car.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
This new calibration may have saved me from buying the aftermarket mag ride controller from DSC Sport. But the active suspension advantages from DSC are well worth it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took my '16 ZO6 in for the upgrade last week. My dealer called in my VIN#, got the flash drive specific to my VIN, and completed the job in a few hours. They kept my car all night in the shop; something about allowing all the on-board computers to reset. The results are worth it, in my opinion. The Tour setting is a firmer, but softer ride, especially at slower speeds. Highway imperfections aren't the issue they were. The update is supposed to change the settings for Sport and Track as well; making the car better balanced at higher speeds. Cost was $350. Now supposed to have the same settings as the new ZR1.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Corvettes exude confident street handling, and their composed suspensions have morphed mere owners into confident drivers for decades.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts