Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The new tires showed up over the last few days, not mounted up yet, but here are a few shots. Got Toyo T1R's in stock siizes for the front, and Nitto 335-30-18 DR's for the back. Just waiting on the 18x12" wheels for the back to get everything mounted up. Here's a few shots: I'll take more when I get them on the car.

one more of the Nitto's:

Jimbo

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Lookin good Jim!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: I like that thread pattern on the Toyo's.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm waiting on someone to buy my stock z06 rear wheels, so i can get my 12's... these are waiting... (335 Michelin Pilot Sports)

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
GR8 WHITE said:
Very nice Jim.....what is the width difference from a 275 to a 335?
Every extra 10mm is 0.4 inches wider.... plus or minus a little as the tire manufacturers do round to closest measurement.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Looks sharp, Jim!!!

That's some real meat on the back!

Steve

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I currently have the T-1S's and plan to replace them with the T-1R's when these wear out and the rears are getting close.:D

·
Registered
292 Posts
Jim, just curious, is your car mini tubbed? I would love to go to the 335 Nittos, but dont want to do the mini tubs. I guess Im still looking for a way to make it work.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MPRTKLR said:
Jim, just curious, is your car mini tubbed? I would love to go to the 335 Nittos, but dont want to do the mini tubs. I guess Im still looking for a way to make it work.
No, no mini-tub, I am going with the 18x12" Z06 chrome wheels that have the proper offset for the big tires. They will stick out a bit past the fenders, but I can live with that.
I just hope the wheels show up soon!

Jimbo

·
Registered
292 Posts
Jim, please let me know if you have to modify the rear brake ducts. I heard this may be the case and that is what stopped me when I wanted to go the same route.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MPRTKLR said:
Jim, please let me know if you have to modify the rear brake ducts. I heard this may be the case and that is what stopped me when I wanted to go the same route.
I am just going to remove the rear brake ducts for now. FRCTom has been running this combo for a while and that's what he had to do.

Jimbo

·
Registered
143 Posts
Jim Lembo said:
I am just going to remove the rear brake ducts for now. FRCTom has been running this combo for a while and that's what he had to do.

Jimbo
I know we've kinda hi-jacked this thread a little, but whats it take to remove them? They dont look that functional anyway

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
5W0P3 said:
I know we've kinda hi-jacked this thread a little, but whats it take to remove them? They dont look that functional anyway
I'll let you know after I do it this weekend! I'll take some pics for you guys!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts