Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea yea, we've been bitching and moaning about money and the fundraisers lately but on the financial front, we're beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.

You guys have done a great job over the last 9 months helping the site and each other out and we've all met new friends and gotten a lot of good info.

Now that we have built a solid foundation and things are cooking, let's not sit on our laurels, let's continue to make the site better and better.

Here's you chance to put me to work!

I've recently added the searchable Dyno and 1/4 mile databases online (which you guys should really check out, it could be another tool with which to judge mods) but let's take it further, add suggestions and new features to this thread.

Over the months we've incorporated almost all of the suggestions we've received....How many sites can you say actually listen to ya and provide what YOU want?!

Anyway, let's get it underway.....

JC

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Can we have a simple "minimal" e-mail viewable screen stripped of all the superficial logos, happy faces, sidebar menus, etc? Maybe set a flag to reconfigure the display screen for "text only". Reason being I want to be able to check out the site a couple times a day for the recent postings or replies to my own posts while at work without it being obvious I'm screwing around on company time. :lol:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
JC:

As a possible supporter, suggest you contact Scott Montgomery at Les Stanford Chevrolet. Stanford sells and services a LARGE number of new Vets each year and ships out of state on a regular basis.

His number is 1-800-699-VETT or email at [email protected]. His direct line is 313-724-1412, and the dealership number is 313-565-6000.

There is nothing in this for me, I just want to see our foum grow and grow. To do this, someone has to help pay the bills.

Tell him Zippy sent ya! :cheers:

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
suggestion

Although the other sites have them, and I recognize the the need to honor our sponsors and they do a great job BTW we need a reference index of products that are Z06/Vette specific. Everything from lettering and trim to magnesium racing wheels.

For example I want a new set of racing wheels, which is lighter Jongblod or BBS, how much are they, what are the offsets. What are the stock offset BTW, where can I get them, who are the distributors?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I would LOVE to see "Pit Road" and "Grandstand" combined into one forum, mainly 'cause:

1) Traffic on either is not so monumental that the two couldn't be combined without being "too big to get through;"

2) by spending most of my time in "Grandstand," I miss posts (about shifters and whatnot) that could EASILY be considered "Grandstand" AND "Pit Road" material;

3) and since the traffic on each is not overwhelming, it required extra steps, time, and cache to check them both out, which seems kind of needless.

That's all I'd like to see change. And if it doesn't, although I may cry a little at first, I'll probably still come back. :)

-Kirk

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
KMeloney said:
I would LOVE to see "Pit Road" and "Grandstand" combined into one forum, mainly 'cause:

1) Traffic on either is not so monumental that the two couldn't be combined without being "too big to get through;"

2) by spending most of my time in "Grandstand," I miss posts (about shifters and whatnot) that could EASILY be considered "Grandstand" AND "Pit Road" material;

3) and since the traffic on each is not overwhelming, it required extra steps, time, and cache to check them both out, which seems kind of needless.

That's all I'd like to see change. And if it doesn't, although I may cry a little at first, I'll probably still come back. :)

-Kirk
I tend to agree with you Kirk.
The grandstand has been the catch all for most Z06 related issues and since we cannot seem to break this catch all habbit it would make sense to combine them.

Another .02 JC.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I was thinking maybe combining Pit Road and Racing. :)

I personally like Grandstand remaining seperate.

Hell... leaving it as is wouldn't hurt my feelings. :lol:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Re: suggestion

DJWorm said:
Although the other sites have them, and I recognize the the need to honor our sponsors and they do a great job BTW we need a reference index of products that are Z06/Vette specific. Everything from lettering and trim to magnesium racing wheels.

For example I want a new set of racing wheels, which is lighter Jongblod or BBS, how much are they, what are the offsets. What are the stock offset BTW, where can I get them, who are the distributors?
DJ,
We are heading in that direction.
Getting Justin Bell's school to join with us is just the beginning.
I plan on taking a much more active roll on the racing end of our great forum.
Stay tuned. :D

·
Registered
568 Posts
The stats on "car options" in The Registry is a great feature.

How about some graphs for that data:

Number of Registered Z06's vs. time (2001/2002/both/new/used)

Number of forum members vs. time (owner vs. non)

This would quickly answer those "how many new Z's a month that are *not mine*" type curiosities as I wait for my TPW..:)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
just a thought

Although I am fairly new-----I would like to see a breakdown of seniority and authority so to speak.

I have read almost every thread and I know who makes this awesome site work---but is there a Prez? V/P and Treasurer, etc? I feel that this site is more than just a site----it's more of a club & I would be willing to be the first dues paying member.

That way--serious members could come to Z06Vette.com sponsored events. I know these events would not rival the Harley gathering in Sturgis but it still would be fun just to gather and hang out and take daily rides on a nice twisty road for a few days. Just a thought.

Jeff Nation, Dallas

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
QUICKSIVER BOY, great idea! I know our members love to see pics of other members rides. JC, I notice whenever a pic is posted the views and participation jump up significantly. I and other members have gotten great ideas on future mod purchases and "do it yourself' cost-less ideas by viewing pics. Thanks, FUBU/LES BTW I even recognized and met a fellow member by viewing his ride on this forum.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Member rides. Consider it done. I'll begin on it this weekend....

Since this seems to be the most popular, lets narrow this down.

What do you want on this? Here are some things I think would be good.

Filterable. IE, see all black cars, see all 2001's, see cars with certain mods....

Any other ideas?

JC

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have no idea how hard it would be, but going on JC's asking what we wanted in the member's rides section, is is possible to make it searchable? Probably easier to organize them as JC was mentioning. Show the '01s, and 02's separately, but then combine them all when you want to look at red ones.
Maybe something similar to what I think is trying to happen in banner pictures - some sort of contest to have a weekly picture or something. That could be fun.

I also had two "tune-up" suggestions. One, the clock seems to be off. Maybe I don't really know what GMT means, but when I just looked it said it was this evening already.
Two, in the Banner Pictures section, if you click on the wording below the pictures instead of the picture, you get nothing.

What a great site. Can't wait to see what else pops up here.
chris

·
Registered
181 Posts
Logout button

Unless I've missed it elsewhere, I would like to suggest a logout button on site pages other than the home page. Maybe located on the the left-hand column.

Thanks for maintaining a great site!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Can I vote for my suggestion of combining "Pit Road" into "Grandstand" twice? ;)

Also, I have always felt that the members registration page should link each members' name to a page of a pic of his car (if he chooses to post one). That way, rather than have all of the "Please post pics of your QS '02 Z with Mod Red" posts, someone could look up whoever has that combo, and see a pic of his car.

-Kirk

·
Registered
0 Posts
KMeloney said:
Also, I have always felt that the members registration page should link each members' name to a page of a pic of his car (if he chooses to post one). That way, rather than have all of the "Please post pics of your QS '02 Z with Mod Red" posts, someone could look up whoever has that combo, and see a pic of his car.

-Kirk
That's a pretty cool idea. Thankx Kirk!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
fcalmes said:

That's a pretty cool idea. Thankx Kirk!! :cool:
Why thank you, Frank! :D Actually, it's not really an original idea of mine -- there was a Mustang Cobra registry forum that I used to check out, and its members page was set up this way.

So, you might have something like:

Kirk Meloney, PA - '01 MY/black (and that would be underlined showing that it's a link if there's a pic attached), which I think you pretty much have already. You could include more info here if you wanted, like "Modified" or "Stock" or something. Who knows. It's your site! :)

Just wanted to let you know that it has been done elsewhere, and can be a great, great resource!

-Kirk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts