Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a while since I have been on here. I recently designed up a new supercar and I wanted to know what the guys on this forum thought about it. It is not a Corvette but it does use Corvette engines. What you see here is a new supercar with a new designed motor, I am still in the drawing stage of the motor so I will post it later. Using two LS6 Corvette engines I would mate them together at their bottoms, sharing one crank. This takes up less length than even a V10 and makes up 700ci. The rather compact engine would sit with it's intakes to the sides of the car. Rear engined with a 6-speed transaxle, conventional or F1 style, and with two 405HP Corvette engines. Please give me feed back on these drawings. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sweet! But what's with the hood scoop (a la Maranello) in a rear-engined car? :) And what about the exhaust?

You should send your entry to MT's design contest if you haven't already!

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
While the body is very cool, I would question the use of two engines....Would the cid benefit outweigh the weight of two large V-8's?

JC

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First off the car would be between 43" and 45" from top to ground. The car would weigh in about 3000lbs with this all-wheel drivetrain. The scoops on the top and hood would be for ventilation, I have a feeling it would be a very hot car. It doesn't really matter though, it is something that is just for fun, I don't have the money it would take to build of produce them. I was working on a Motor Trend entry and was ready to send it in when I looked at the rules making sure it was supposed to be in on the 14th of Sept, well it was the 4th so I was passed the deadline, oh well maybe next year. Thank you so much for your impressions of the car.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sent these designs off to a guy that I have been talking to lately, who designed the Saleen S7, and this is what he sent back.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Build it and they will come...
Fantastic concept, and not too heavy considering the 2 mated engines & AWD platform--Good work!!!!:yeadog:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
raj said:
Sweet! But what's with the hood scoop (a la Maranello) in a rear-engined car? :)
Raj,

The mid-engine Ferrari F355 has an air intake towards the rear of the hood to allow air into the cockpit. The Maranello's scoop is more towards the front of the hood.

Overall I like the looks, except I'm not fond of those central strut wings. Wings that I've liked in the past were on the F40.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here is the idea behind the engine. You will have to forgive me for the lack of quality here, these are just quick sketches. The engines are bolted together, problem here I see is how to get the pistons in and bolted together. The other problem I see is that the oil will drain to the lower valve cover, so there will have to be a drain there in the head to take it back to the dry sump system. The second drawing is how the rods will connect. No rocket science here just replace the rod cap if the other block's rod. Looks like it will work in thoery and that is all that this car is about.

·
Registered
906 Posts
With that engine configuration, the obvious name: X-16!
HarleyB

1 - 20 of 22 Posts