Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to replace front and rear tires. I looking at Nitto 555II - 305/35 ZR18 for the rear and NT555 275/40 ZR17 for the front. The car is lowered on stock bolts, has stock wheels, and seldom sees rain. Any down side to these tires? To the Nitto guys; what kind of thread life can I expect to get with these tires?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
So far I love mine, the traction is outrageous. Haven't had long enough to comment on the milage, but others have been positive.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I'm going with the same Nitto setup this Spring. Have heard the same great info on the traction, which is what I want. The tread mileage is suppose to be about half or less than the F1's depending on how you drive. I could stretch 20K out of the F1's and look for 8-10K from the Nitto's, but at least I can drive it and it won't sit and spin in 1st and 2nd. :thumb:

Bob

·
Registered
200 Posts
Where are you guys getting the best deals on the Nitto RII's. I found a place with 285's for 237 but I'm waiting to get a price back on the 305's.

I was going to run at the track this weekend but now I'm thinking I'm just going to watch, all I"m going to do is sit and spin on the F1's or run 13's :(

·
Registered
200 Posts
BTW I'm guess they will wear like the drag radials you should be able to get 12-14 hard miles (not track competition) but agressive street driving. Towards the end of that they will get a little sqirrelly in the rain.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I too am interested in this set-up.

Is there any issues with mixing the 555 front with the 555II2 rears. I know the rear is R compound and the fronts are not- The rears(555II2) would be gripper than the same with regular 555 rears.

What would be the difference with all the same tires, the 555 vs 555II2 all around.

·
Registered
88 Posts
quick question for you guys.........what is the weight of the stock front and rear F1's? I am in the market for tires as well and am actually looking at the Kumho MX tires, here are the weights and sizes for these tires:

275/40R17= 28lbs
295/35R18= 31lbs

Can I really go to a 305 width tire with no clearance of rub issues on the factory wheels? They do not offer that size in these tires :( , but I could go with the Nitto if I opted for alitte more width.

Thanks guys! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I had the Nitto 555R2 tires (275F and 305R) installed today. The fit is fine with the stock wheels. I didn't think to ask what the weight of each tire is...:bang: They feel great. My installer recommended not to drive hard for a few days to give the tires time to bead to the wheel and not mess up the balancing of each tire.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where did you buy?

RobGrnfld said:
I had the Nitto 555R2 tires (275F and 305R) installed today. The fit is fine with the stock wheels. I didn't think to ask what the weight of each tire is...:bang: They feel great. My installer recommended not to drive hard for a few days to give the tires time to bead to the wheel and not mess up the balancing of each tire.
Did you purchase locally or go mail order? In other words; where did you get the best deal?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts