Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for some suggestions for new tires for my 2003 Z06? The car is used mainly as a daily driver, but I would like to keep a performance tire. Since the car is in Arizona rain isn't really a factor to me.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
21,250 Posts
Speedratchet said:
I'm looking for some suggestions for new tires for my 2003 Z06?
You might want to provide a few details to assist these folks in answering your question.

Is it for daily driving, touring, drag racing, roadracing, etc.
Do you drive in wet weather very often, etc etc

It will help with the suggestions these guys will make.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
MikesZ06 said:
You might want to provide a few details to assist these folks in answering your question.

Is it for daily driving, touring, drag racing, roadracing, etc.
Do you drive in wet weather very often, etc etc

It will help with the suggestions these guys will make.

Mike

Many combinations :jammin:



Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,092 Posts
Depends on how you will be driving most. I have Conti-Sport 2's right now and love them. However, they may not be specifically what you are looking for as far as your driving condition :thumb: :z:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,083 Posts
I went with the Toyo's because I was worried about rain...if I wasn't I would have stuck with the stock F1's IMHO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,600 Posts
If you aren't too worried about price, check out the Michelin PS2's. They're pricey but heard good things about them and they come in stock tire sizes. Seems like they would fit your needs. Avail. from Tire Rack. :guiness:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
For a street tire...

Money no object, go with the PS2.

On a budget, go with Kuhmo MX.

The stock tire is somewhere in the middle. Great tire for the money.

Just my $0.02.

Kirk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,152 Posts
bigbadbevo said:
If you aren't too worried about price, check out the Michelin PS2's. They're pricey but heard good things about them and they come in stock tire sizes. Seems like they would fit your needs. Avail. from Tire Rack. :guiness:
:yeadog:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
went again with F1's, and i am happy with warmer weather they hook fine for a stock or slightly modded Z-hey all around use i am pleased-about $1200 out the door with discount tire
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
I'm looking at the wide oval as well. I just wish they came in a wider tread than 295. 315/35/18 would be perfect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,343 Posts
I can't comment on anything other than the stock tire which I replaced last week at 34,000 miles with new F-1's.

The tires are great on wet, and dry pavement. They lack great traction where there is standing water. I don't know how they are where it is really hot, as in Arizona. I would think I would want a little harder compound with all of the heat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
Straatien said:
I'm looking at the wide oval as well. I just wish they came in a wider tread than 295. 315/35/18 would be perfect.
nitto r 2's come in 305 for the rear-check out many posts about them-only down side would be "wear" for the street..
next time i might go with nittos
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,152 Posts
bud miller said:
nitto r 2's come in 305 for the rear-check out many posts about them-only down side would be "wear" for the street..
next time i might go with nittos
I agree. The RII tire is one bad mofo.

Alex :jammin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
What are the R2's??? I had Nitto drag radials on my stang and I think in a few weeks I am going with the Nitto drag radial on the back of the vette. I use it for daily driving. It took almost 15,000 miles on the stang and many drag strip runs before the treat ran down on them. Whta is the biggest size our stock z06 rims will hold on the rear??????? I want the biggest I can get on there. I dont want to rub anything, the biggest without issues. THANKS, Dr.Bigg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Oh shoot. I meant how wide????? Aren't our rear tires 18 inches though???? I thought I would be able to get drag radials on the back. I guess not. Someone let me know what the widest tire is that can go on the back of our cars without any issues. THANKS, Dr.Bigg :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,640 Posts
I just ordered a set for my Z last night and completed the order today.

BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KD

You'll need to get 275/40-17 for the front because they don't make them in a 265 size - the rears are same as stock size 295/35-18. The rears are very difficult to find - most places are "out of stock" and the back order does not have a production date yet.

They were recommended to me by 21st Century in Dallas - if Lingenfelter says they're a great performance tire that's good enough for me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,152 Posts
Dr.Bigg said:
Oh shoot. I meant how wide????? Aren't our rear tires 18 inches though???? I thought I would be able to get drag radials on the back. I guess not. Someone let me know what the widest tire is that can go on the back of our cars without any issues. THANKS, Dr.Bigg :D
Check out the Nitto DRs. They make them in 305/45/18. The taller sidewall for the obvious. I'm just not sure about clearance. If your car is lowered I think they may rub a little. Maybe someone can chime in on that.

Alex :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
Try a search on "widest tires". You'll find quite a bit of info.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top