Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how restrictive the stock elbow/intact duct is.

I want the Vararam b/c I've heard good things about it, and since my 01 Z06 has the 385HP inferiority complex I wanted a fairly simple mod that might help me to get up to the magic 400HP number .

Since I'm adding the Vararam, should I do the power duct too? Or just leave the stock one on.

I'm a bit leary of bolt on claims as far as power goes. I've seen enough 15-20 Claims make about no difference on my various stangs and F-bodies. I have seen numerous users claim the vararam is good, so I'm jumping on that mod. However, I didn't pull up much in my search as far as air ducts go. Maybe newbie search id 10 T error

Also, as a new Z06 owner, is it common not to have any traction in 1st and 2nd gears

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I already got mine in the mail, I dont believe in all those hp claims either, but I heard alot about the Ram Air effect that the vararam gives you , So that's why I got it, 2.5 years and its my first mod, I'll see how it works when I installed it, all those other things like Throddle bodies, the Air duct, ect, are only necessary with more power and dont do nothing without it, As far as my 03, the only other bolt on worth any power is the headers,cats and x-pipe, I even heard the catback stock is as good as any aftermarket, then again its problably this way til more power is there. As far as vararam alot of guys here claim noticeble power gains, to have more power you can get the full (Expensive) exhaust system and a tune, and that's all the extra power you'll get from bolt ons, for more you'll need to go into the engine, Nitrous or some kinda of Boost.

So , by what I heard , dont waste your money on the Air Duct for power because you wont get any! I cant wait to try my vararam, after 2.5 years, I really anxious :D

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
A different power duct won't do much to improve your performance. They are a nice appearance mod though.

A off road pipe/ x pipe will get you close. Headers will put you over the top. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
I recently got the Carbon Fibre Bridge. The reason I got it was for looks and because with the Vararam the stock bridge didn't sit down as well and was marking the Hood Liner. With The Vararam, Stingers and a Tune, I got 370 rwhp when it was dynoed on a 100 degree humid day...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts