·
Registered
2003 ZO6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all Just purchased a 2003 ZO6 and looking forward to utilizing
the knowledge and experience of the members. Bought as weekend driver and
track days. Central Florida area.
Thanks in advance and apologies for questions that don't make any sense ;)

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Welcome, you’ve come to the right place for information and I think a lot of us had questions that possibly made no sense when we got started too.

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,942 Posts
Is this totally stock, or mods were done to it ?
If so, what was done ?
Did they keep a log of what type of maintenance was done and how often ?

Due to age, how old are the fluids, such as power steering, brakes, clutch, tranny, transaxle ?
And if also for racing fluids used the right type for racing, same for brake rotors and pads ?

You should check with a dealer with your VIN # and see if all the GM TSBs were done, including software
updates for the controllers.

You did not mention how many miles it has and being you'd race in Fl heat, state of clutch and
coolant system and if stock radiator, consider installing a larger flow one and also an external engine oil cooler, same for the tranny and hook up a OBDII scanner and see how the engine is doing as o fuel, torque, knock and misfires

·
Registered
2003 ZO6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is this totally stock, or mods were done to it ?
If so, what was done ?
Did they keep a log of what type of maintenance was done and how often ?

Due to age, how old are the fluids, such as power steering, brakes, clutch, tranny, transaxle ?
And if also for racing fluids used the right type for racing, same for brake rotors and pads ?

You should check with a dealer with your VIN # and see if all the GM TSBs were done, including software
updates for the controllers.

You did not mention how many miles it has and being you'd race in Fl heat, state of clutch and
coolant system and if stock radiator, consider installing a larger flow one and also an external engine oil cooler, same for the tranny and hook up a OBDII scanner and see how the engine is doing as o fuel, torque, knock and misfires
Have no idea of the history at this point other than a perfect two owner car fax.. I am trying to locate the owner. The only mods appear to be a Halltech CAI, Hurst shifter, 19inch wheels and a modern Nav phone audio system. I put on my lift the car has original exhaust and is flawless under neath 40000 miles Clutch feels good, changed oil no metal in pan. The car runs as good as it looks so far. Just starting to get used to the power difference and handling from my other cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts