Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the site. I've been an avid car and motorcycle fanatic my whole life. I'm presently selling my latest custom motorcycle and I have a prospective buyer. If it sells I plan to put some cash away and purchase a Z06, probably an '02-'04 blk/blk. I'm interested in modifying it a bit too.

So I have a couple basic questions I'm hoping someone can help me with. Which year/model/options are the most desirable in a Z06? Are there certain things to be concerned about or watch for when buying one? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Jim

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Welcome aboard.

From 02-04, there are not many options to look for, the HUD is a nice option, not sure if it was standard or optional.

Z's did not come with may options, the car was pretty simple from an ordering perspective.

Good luck with the hunt.

Mark

·
21,386 Posts
Like Mark said, they are all pretty much the same. HUD was available after 01 and standard on all the cars. There were some problems with oil burning on the 01 models, it's a crap shoot there. I would say try to find an 02 or later with low miles and go for it!

·
Registered
597 Posts
The 04s had better shocks, but will cost more. Search this site for an accurate read on what the prices should be.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I've already learned alot from this site about the prices, superchargers, exhaust and wheel/tire combos. Glad to be here.

Jim

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Welcome to :z:
Many threads here to search on what to watch for.
Get newest car, in best condition, with best history that your money will buy. Patience is key ... the right car will become available; be ready to "pull the trigger" when it does.
Meanwhile, know that this is not your new "home page" :jammin:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Welcome Aboard the Good Ship Z06:z: :z:

Let us know what you get.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
don't take this for 100 % accurate but here is what I can remember:

385 HP, oil consumption problem (I had one with the problem)
If your looking to do mods, most of the HP diff from 385-405 is made up for in exhaust headers will make up most of the diff. Also if your doing major work well the oil consumption doesn't matter if your getting in the engine anyway. You can prob find these cheap. Plus you can get the 2001 white z06 (one of the rarest and coolest cars out there)

heads up display standard. 405 HP.

anniv eddition, diff emblems on the car

diff shocks, you could get the z16 vette as well

I know there are other changes maybe others can help out...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks again guys. Reddeath, that's exactly the type stuff I was looking for. I have some friends who mentioned the oil issue with '01's. For that reason, and the minor HP gain, I plan to go with an '02-'04. But for at least the next 2 weeks I'll be scouring this site, and other places to see what's available. In 2 weeks someone is flying in to see the custom bike, and if it goes, I'll pull the trigger.

Jim

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Good Luck on your search Jim and welcome to the site:z:

Jack

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Hello there, and good luck in your hunt for a Z. Great cars and loads of fun. :thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts