Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What exterior color and interior color does your z06 have? How long you owned it and have you had any problems with it.have you changed the valve springs or was that just a 2002/2003 problem? I have owned mine since 2016. And have been debating weather to change the valve
Springs.its not expensive to do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If any one here needs any factory info on there 2004 z06 i have the factory shop manuals and transmission manual and parts book to look up OEM chevy parts.i plan on keeping my z06 for a long time i even purchased a Tech 2 factory scanner for it.i am a A.S.E. certified automotive painter as well for 30 years.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've owned it since 2015,it has 24000 miles and it's blk/blk/mod red.Knock on wood no problems yet.I plan on installing a lmc5 module to fix the steering lock problem.I picked up the kit on eBay.I also plan on installing new valve springs this spring,even though they claim that Gm solved the issue by the middle of the 2003 model year.I also installed a Elite Engineering catch can,and would highly recommend it.It keeps your intake clean of oil.I also installed a Vararam VR-B2 cold air intake.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If any one here needs any factory info on there 2004 z06 i have the factory shop manuals and transmission manual and parts book to look up OEM chevy parts.i plan on keeping my z06 for a long time i even purchased a Tech 2 factory scanner for it.i am a A.S.E. certified automotive painter as well for 30 years.
Thanks,I may take you up on that in the future,as I plan on keeping my car for a while as well

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes i installed that lmc5 on my car this past summer works great. If you can get the skip shift eliminator from the same company it is top notch as well

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,816 Posts
I've owned it since 2015,it has 24000 miles and it's blk/blk/mod red.Knock on wood no problems yet.I plan on installing a lmc5 module to fix the steering lock problem.I picked up the kit on eBay.I also plan on installing new valve springs this spring,even though they claim that Gm solved the issue by the middle of the 2003 model year.I also installed a Elite Engineering catch can,and would highly recommend it.It keeps your intake clean of oil.I also installed a Vararam VR-B2 cold air intake.
Simple to know if your C5 has the bad or good valve springs is pull 1 valve cover

If the springs are YELLOW then they are the bad batch made
If they are BLUE then they are the replaced designed ones and are fine

It would be hard to think if they are the yellow ones that used bad metal would still be unbroken since mid 2003 and 2002 model years.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Simple to know if your C5 has the bad or good valve springs is pull 1 valve cover

If the springs are YELLOW then they are the bad batch made
If they are BLUE then they are the replaced designed ones and are fine

It would be hard to think if they are the yellow ones that used bad metal would still be unbroken since mid 2003 and 2002 model years.

Thanks for the info,I'll pull a cover as soon as the weather breaks here in the Northeast?

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,816 Posts
Thanks for the info,I'll pull a cover as soon as the weather breaks here in the Northeast��
To save time you might want to pop off the oil filler neck from right valve cover and with a small mirror
or bore-scope and look at the color of springs for #2 cylinder

Saves having to take off coil packs, mount, sparkplug wires and valve cover, might need a new gasket doing this

·
Registered
26 Posts
To save time you might want to pop off the oil filler neck from right valve cover and with a small mirror

Saves having to take off coil packs, mount, sparkplug wires and valve cover, might need a new gasket doing this

Great advice,I will do just that,you saved me a lot of time & effort,Thanks again ?

·
Registered
26 Posts

I took your advice and picked up a scope and,found out the springs are not yellow.Thanks again for your help.?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts