Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tonight I went to the track for the 2nd time ever in the z06. My best of the night was a 12.9 at 114mph. It was very humid and around 90 degrees out tonight at Thunder Valley in Noble, Oklahoma. Is this time a decent time for me to be getting my 2nd time out? How is my trap looking? Also my 60 foot was a 2.2 on that run and I was on bald supercar tires. Better tires, better launch and driving how far should I beable to dip? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
good time for high temp and humidity! :cheers: Work on that 60' launch.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
That's decent for your 2nd time out. Get new tires, then get that 60' down to 1.9x & you'll see a 12.45 ET. You're right there w/ 114mph, but if you were spinning off the line & on the 1-2 shift, that # was inflated. Make sure you shift as close to red line w/o hitting the limiter on each shift, & shift as fast as you can.
Parctice, practice....Some have gotten into the 11's w/ little to no mods, but w/ good track prep & weather.
Ron

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dr.Ron said:
That's decent for your 2nd time out. Get new tires, then get that 60' down to 1.9x & you'll see a 12.45 ET. You're right there w/ 114mph, but if you were spinning off the line & on the 1-2 shift, that # was inflated. Make sure you shift as close to red line w/o hitting the limiter on each shift, & shift as fast as you can.
Parctice, practice....Some have gotten into the 11's w/ little to no mods, but w/ good track prep & weather.
Ron
Off the line I didn't have very much spin and I stuck when I hit 2nd gear. So I think my trap was about right. Easing it off the line and grannying it I was trapping 113. My friend also just bought HPtuners for his truck and my car (very nice of him) so maybe I can squeeze another 10 hp or so out of her.

Oh I was running 91 octane last night, does that make a difference on performance?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dr.Ron said:
I don't think so w/ a stock car...I just use Mobil 1 super (91 also I think)...Never had a problem...
Ron
Nice, I am looking forward to putting the HpTuners software to use and see what more I can get out of her this close to stock.

If I put on Et Streets should I have to worry about drivetrain issues?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Chrisrokc said:
Nice, I am looking forward to putting the HpTuners software to use and see what more I can get out of her this close to stock.

If I put on Et Streets should I have to worry about drivetrain issues?
Not as much as w/ Drag Radials since the ET Streets sidewalls flex a bit-not as stiff as the DR's...Go for a DTE strut brace & a hardened output shaft....
I broke real bad on DR's w/ a dead hook w/ just a Vararam & a tune, so you don't have to have big mods & HP to break something...
Ron

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dr.Ron said:
Not as much as w/ Drag Radials since the ET Streets sidewalls flex a bit-not as stiff as the DR's...Go for a DTE strut brace & a hardened output shaft....
I broke real bad on DR's w/ a dead hook w/ just a Vararam & a tune, so you don't have to have big mods & HP to break something...
Ron
How hard is the DTE Strut Brace to install. Since I live in Oklahoma there are really no people to do installs. My last car was a 2000 Trans Am and I did all the mods to it (500+ rwhp) in my garage. And the hardened output shaft? Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts