Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car ran a new best of 9.07 @ 148 mph last Sunday and qualified #1 in Top Street class. Here's the video (first one): Video

·
Registered
390 Posts
man oh man!8's are next!that's one fast z for stock displacement! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Man. :jammin: YOU are my Idol :jawdrop: :jawdrop: That Z is fast. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
What came off at mid track?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Millenium Z06 said:
What came off at mid track?
The plastic inner wheel well cover decided it no longer wished to come along for the ride. When we went to a 28" tire last year, the guys at Cartek decided it'd be best not to replace all of the screws that held it in place in case the tire grew so much that it began rubbing on the screw heads. So we left it like that. This year we went back to a 26" tire but never replaced the crews. Go figure. I got scared.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
All I can say is WOW! :jawdrop:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Paul said:
And a pic of the first wheels up: Wheels up pic

I gotta say that photographer gets some awesome pics...Last time I was at Etown on the weekend I couldn't resist buying some of my truck myself.

You're still running the lower (800 rwhp) boost levels right paul? Neverlift did a nice job, that thing hooks and goes nice and straight.. no twist, wiggles, hesitation or anything.

I still laugh when I think of the fact that on that track rental 1.5 years ago (when you took out the output shaft at atco)our cars were within a few tenths of each other....lil bit of a difference these days.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
undertaker said:
I gotta say that photographer gets some awesome pics...Last time I was at Etown on the weekend I couldn't resist buying some of my truck myself.

You're still running the lower (800 rwhp) boost levels right paul? Neverlift did a nice job, that thing hooks and goes nice and straight.. no twist, wiggles, hesitation or anything.

I still laugh when I think of the fact that on that track rental 1.5 years ago (when you took out the output shaft at atco)our cars were within a few tenths of each other....lil bit of a difference these days.

You know, I was just thinking the same..... Dave takes awesome shots. And it's not like the car carried the front wheels for 200 feet. It was a quick pop and he managed to catch it. I'm definitely ordering this pic for my garage walls.

No, we're still not running at max boost. We're taking baby steps :lol: I'm extremely happy with the work Neverlift did. Hell, I'm extremely happy with the work everyone did on the car (Cartek, Neverlift and Injection Connection). I'm very pleased right now.

lol! Yeah, it's just a lil' different from what it was back in 2003. :lol:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Paul said:
You know, I was just thinking the same..... Dave takes awesome shots. And it's not like the car carried the front wheels for 200 feet. It was a quick pop and he managed to catch it. I'm definitely ordering this pic for my garage walls.

No, we're still not running at max boost. We're taking baby steps :lol: I'm extremely happy with the work Neverlift did. Hell, I'm extremely happy with the work everyone did on the car (Cartek, Neverlift and Injection Connection). I'm very pleased right now.

lol! Yeah, it's just a lil' different from what it was back in 2003. :lol:

from what i remember, the pictures are cheaper if you order them at the track vs. over the internet, since you're a regular I'd order them in person, took about a week-week and a half to arrive for me.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Woo Hoo :jammin:

Congrats :cheers:

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Wow!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: Great numbers and video.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts